Chapter 16

Hey guys sorry for the short update yesterday, I've been really busy with school and stuff

But I did want to update even though it would be short but yea. Anyways I hope you like this chapter and don't forget to vote!!!

It had worried me how hurt I was when I first saw those messages. I had already fallen for this guy in a short amount of time and I was surprised to realize how much he had fallen for me as well. Before I could tell him I believed him, his phone went off again and we just sat there staring at each other until Spencer handed me his phone without even checking it. Opening up the new messages, I saw more nude pics of Courtney. I typed back a response and hit send before handing Spencer his phone back.

Spencer:

This is Mackenzie, you know... Spencer's girlfriend, anyways I know what you are trying to do, and trust me honey it's not going to work. So I suggest you stop sending nude pictures of yourself because he doesn't want you. Desperation isn't cute so BACK THE FUCK OFF.

Spencer read the text I sent and laughed before dropping his phone and scooting closer to give me hug.

"I am so sorry for hurting you" he muffled into my hair.

"Don't be. I should have talked to you about it before running off."

"I wished you would have. But I understand." He gave me a quick kiss before leaning away to get a better view of my face.

"Hey Mac, why did you run to Jace?" He asked, not angry at all just curious

"How did you know I was with him?"

"He called me, telling me he had dropped you off at the dorms." I was surprised. Jace defending Spencer was weird but I didn't expect him to tell Spencer where I was.

"I didn't run to him, he just happens to see me walking back here." It looked like he wasn't buying it. Taking a deep breath in, I put my hand against his cheek and smiled softly at him "Hey, like I said, there is nothing going on between Jace and I."

He kissed my palm and placed his hand over mine "I just wished I would have been there for you, not him."

"Well you're here now, that's all that matters."

He lightly pressed his lips to mine. After a few minutes he finally spoke again

"Just curious, do you still need time alone or are you ready to head back to the house?"

"We can head back. But Spence, promise me something?"

"What is it?"

"If a situation like this happens again, will you promise to talk to me about it? Seeing those messages broke me and I don't want to experience that pain again."

"Done. I will never put you through that pain again." He kissed me thoroughly before sweeping me up into his arms and walking towards the door and into his car.

*Next Day....

We were woken up to Ian banging on the door letting Soencer know that they were heading to the beach to go surfing. Spencer got up giving me a heartwarming kiss before getting out of bed to get ready and meet up with the guys. Carly and I decided to head down to the beach to surprise them figuring we could all eat lunch down there. I'd made dozens of sandwiches, grabbed a few large bags of chips and loaded the cooler with drinks while Carly ran through the whole house in only a thong looking for her clothes. I guess one of the guys hid her bag last night. When Carly found her bag, she marched back into the room to get ready while I waited in the living room. I thought of Mason and pulled out my phone.