Chapter 29

Life went back to normal as school started again and Spencer and I continued our relationship. Ever since he came home from Miami, we were doing better than ever. Jace began avoiding me again and even though it made me sad, I was extremely happy I didn't have to see him all the time. I can't deal seeing him in pain whenever Spencer and I were together, which was most of the time. As soon as Spencer finished his classes, he would pick me up from the dorms and drive me to the house. Our lips were always on each other as we made our way from his car to his room. Heck once we stepped into that room, his shirt followed closely by mine would be on the floor immediately. He lowered me to the bed and pulled my jeans off before climbing on top of me. I reached down to unbutton his pants while his fingers pushed my bra strap off my shoulder. I slid the zipper down as he lift my body off the bed. He planted his knees on either side of me and put his hand on my back to unhook my bra. He laid me back down on the bed and started pulling my bra away when his phone rang.

"Damn it. Every fucking time." He growled and snatched up his phone "What?!" After a few seconds he quickly sat up and smiled

"When and where? Hell yeah! I'll be there." He hung up and jumped off the bed and turned to look at me.

"That was Andy. Get ready, there's going to be a fight tonight."

"Are you serious?" I hooked my bra back together and planted my hands on my hips "You're seriously going to stop what we were doing just to go fight? Tell Andy to find another fighter!"

"Mac, you don't understand. This fight is worth 5 grand. That's a lot of money."

My hands paused with my shirt halfway over my head. Holy shit.

"5 grand?"

"Yeah. I could easily walk out that ring with five grand in my pocket. Please Mac."

"Fine." a huge smile took over his face as he pulled me out of the house and into his car. Once we were in his car I decided to take this opportunity to interrogate him.

"So how much do you normally make out of fights?"

"Well it changes every time. Usually 1700-2000." Holy crap.

"And what do you do with all that money?"

"Just pay some bills and my car but other than that I just save it all."

I seriously would have never known. Spencer never bragged about his money. Heck he didn't even count the money he won last time. Andy just hands him a wad of cash and he just stuffs it in his pocket without counting.

"I still can't believe you stopped what we were ABOUT to do just for some fight." I huffed and crossed my arms. When we came up to a red light, he looked at me and ran his fingers over my lips.

"I'm sorry babe. I promise after this fight, we can continue what we were doing." The light turned green and he drove. I looked out the window and frowned.

"We could have made love with each other tonight." I murmured quietly hoping he wouldn't hear. I'm guessing he did hear by the way his hand tightened around mine as he cursed

"Mac, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were ready. I wouldn't have taken the call if I knew you were." He cursed before continuing again "Actually, I shouldn't have taken the call in the first place. That was our time together."

"It's alright. I get you all the time, it's fine."

"No it's not Mac. I really am sorry."

I faked a smile and looked into his eyes "I'm not mad alright? Let's just get this fight over with." Honestly, I can't blame Spencer for taking that call or expecting that he read my mind and knew I was ready. He wasn't aware. But what threw me on edge was when I was ready to go there with Spencer, it got interrupted by just a phone call. Maybe it was a sign that I wasn't ready to have sex with him. Even though I knew I was, maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was scared to take that one special thing from me. I wasn't trying to make him feel bad, even though I knew I was. I was just mad at myself. We were both quiet for the rest of the drive. Once we arrived at a abandoned building he took my hand and silently walked me through the halls. When we got to the doors, he kissed me softly and walked away to meet with Andy. He'd been so excited for this fight and ever since that argument in the car, he had been in his sullen mood. I walked into the room with the loud music and crazed atmosphere. I found Andy and he gave me a big hug and started the fight as he announced the fighters. Once the fight started I realized that this was an oddly matched fight since the other guy wasn't doing much. But all of a sudden, the guy grabbed Spencer's left hand and twisted it behind him and planted a hard kick on Spencer's back. His hand dropped and his arm was left hanging out of its socket. He then slammed Spencer to the ground and began slamming his head off the the thin mat. I screamed and Andy literally had to hold me back from running to Spence. Spencer's leg came up around the other guys chest and he slammed him down to the ground. Using both legs now, Spencer began choking the guy and after a few minutes the other guy tapped out and Spencer released his hold on him and slowly brought himself to his feet. He shuffled to me and Andy, grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the crowd. We walked into another room and he immediately fell into a chair and gasped in pain as he tried to put his shoulder back in place. I sat there covering my mouth in shock as I painfully watched him.

"Baby." He gritted his teeth and huffed "I need you to..." He huffed again

"Spencer stop talking. I'll take you to the hospital." I grabbed his shirt and tried to pull it over his head. I successfully got it on as I kissed him on the forehead "Does anywhere else in your body hurt?"

"I'm fine babe. I can't believe that happened. I guess I was just distracted or something."

"Oh my god Spencer, I am so sorry. This is my fault. I should have never had an argument with you before a fight."

"Babe, listen to me, this isn't your fault. I'm fine."

"I love you," I gently kissed his cheek "and I am so so sorry."

"I love you too." He kissed my lips hard and I helped him out of the chair. We started walking out of the room when Andy came running down the hall

"Hey bro, you okay? That looked rough out there."

"I'll be fine. She's taking me to the hospital." Since Spencer was in pain, Andy handed me the wad of cash Spencer won.

Once we arrived at the hospital, Spencer was taken to the emergency room to get his shoulder checked out. Five hours later, Spencer came out wearing a sling. Doctor's said he had a slight concussion and had torn some ligaments when he dislocated his shoulder. I had a mental freak out when they showed us the x-rays and when they explained that he would need surgery at some point. Once the doctor authorized Spencer to be able to leave, I helped him into his car and drove back to Jace's house. As soon as Spencer sat in his car, he immediately took the sling and wrap off. I knew if I said something, he wouldn't have listened so I kept my mouth shut. The drive home was quiet and once we arrived, we headed straight to his room and laid with each other the whole night.

"Baby please tell me what you are thinking." Spencer pleaded as I nuzzled his neck.

I sighed "I'm just worried about you."

"Well don't be. I'll be fine. This is nothing."

"Spencer, please don't take this the wrong way but.... I don't think I can do it anymore,"