Chapter 40

"Wake up, wake up, Wake your ass up!" Carly shouted the next morning.

"Ugh! Carls, we don't have class until four hours. Go away!"

"No way! It's your damn birthday now get out of bed!"

Oh. Right. It's my birthday... "Who cares, just go back to sleep!" I grumbled and pulled my comforter over my head.

"We do! Now get your ass up!" She ripped the comforter off the bed completely and threw it to the floor.

"You know, sometimes I want to punch you in the face." I fired back at her

She beamed a smile at me "I love you too!"

"Whatever."

I began to follow her down the stairs and almost shit myself when I walked into the kitchen and mom and dad yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACKENZIE!" They were in the process of putting pancakes, eggs, bacon and presents on the kitchen table. Jeez, could these people be any more wonderful? First Christmas, now this?

We ate together and did the dishes. We then gathered in the living room and they watched as I opened up my presents. Carly got me 4 cute shirts that was appropriate for my "upcoming huge bump", Mom and dad got me a baby names book, a Tiffany's bracelet and a Chanel baby bag from all three of them. I will forever be grateful not only for the presents but as well as their love for me.

"Thank you. You guys are amazing, you have no idea how special you all made me feel on this day. I love you all."

I was then bombarded by hugs and I couldn't help but wish for Jace's arms too. I smiled when I remembered today was the day he would find out. Since Carly and I didn't have school tomorrow, we were all going out to dinner tonight then coming back to watch a few movies and chill. I read through a few pages of the Baby Names book, bookmarked my spot with my recent ultrasound picture before hopping into the shower to get ready for my class. This was the very first time I felt special on my birthday. And since I was going to have my talk with Jace, I at least wanted to be cute so I took my time with my hair and makeup. I wore my favorite pair of dark distressed jeans, converse, and one of the new shirts Carly got me. It was a dark maroon loose v-neck. This was definitely perfect for my whole pregnancy. At some point I would have to stop hiding my bump from everyone and hopefully if things go right with Jace, I would have the confidence to do it. Although being pregnant does have it's upsides. Such as my boobs getting bigger, and my natural glow. For sure if someone looked down, they would definitely know what was going on. When I walked into the kitchen, Mom and Carly were thrilled at my outfit and Mom came up to pat my baby bump and crouched down to whisper "It's time you meet your daddy!"

Carly and I giggled before grabbing our bags and walking towards the door.

"I'll see you tonight girls! Love you!" She said out loud and had the widest smile I'd seen since we told her Jace was the father, and it was undeniably contagious.

We finally arrived at school and got out of the car to walk to our first class. On our way there, I did a double take on something sticking out of my locker. I began to slowly walk up to it and grabbed the envelope that was attached. The envelope had my name on it and I looked at Carly who was looking around confused. That makes the two of us. I opened up the note and a huge smile spread across my face when I read the familiar handwriting.

"Happy Birthday Baby. I hope you like my little surprise in your locker."

I bit my lip and quickly opened up my locker. My eyes instantly saw the bouquet of roses, the chocolates (which I was definitely craving) and what mostly caught my eye was the small square box with a single feather on top. I turned to look for a tall, tan, built, tatted up man with shaggy blond hair, bright blue eyes and a killer smirk.