Chapter 44

I caught a glimpse of them as they ordered their food. Once they caught sight of us they came over and said hello. Zach and Issac hugged both of us but Spencer just stood there never saying a single word. He wasn't coming across as rude, all you had to do was take in his facial expression and you would understand why he wasn't adding to the conversation. His hazel eyes were so full of pain and longing, I couldn't stop looking at them. It was like a train wreck you didn't want to see, but couldn't take your eyes off of. Just when he was about to open his mouth, his order was called up so he walked over to the to-go counter to grab his food and leave. Issac gave me a sad smile and kissed the top of my head before following Zach and Spencer outside.

"You still love him don't you?" Carly stated once they were gone.

I looked at her, afraid she was going to get mad at me if I agreed, but instead she reached across the table and grabbed my hand.

"It's okay Mac, no one expectated you to stop loving him immediately. It's difficult. I get it."

"I hate what I've done to him Carls."

She nodded and squeezed my hand "Do you still love him as much as you did before you broke up?" I know I could have lied to her but Carly is my best friend, she would know I was lying... And plus she didn't deserve to be lied to anymore.

"I don't know how it's possible but I love him even more.... So much more than before."

"But you love Jace too, right?" When I nodded she leaned forward to add "And are you happy with him?"

"I am. I don't know how to explain how conflicted my emotions are."

"You don't have to explain Mac. I'm starting to understand it, and I'm sorry you have to go through this. You've fucked up real bad, but you're dealing with it the best you can." I opened my mouth to speak but she stopped me "I know you love Jace, and I don't think you're just using him. I know you'll be happy with my brother, and at some point you'll love him better than any one ever could just like you are with Spencer. I understand if you can never get over him... We all do, Jace included. People fall in and out of love all the time. But you have two epic loves and no matter who you are with, I don't think you will ever get over the other."

"Do you think I'm a horrible person Carls?" Because I sure as hell feel like one.

"Of course not. So stop thinking you are!" She raised her eyebrow at me. She knew me so well.

******

The next night we were sitting at the dining table, having dessert while Carly recapped a story about this girl she bumped into downtown while she was out with Cory. Jace laughed out loud when Carly started rambling about the girl trying so hard to get Cory's attention that she almost shoved her fist up her face. Right when Jace laughed, I felt something weird. My entire body froze and I glanced down to my stomach. Oh. My. God.

"I swear to god if Cory hadn't held on to me, I would have lunge in and did some serious damage to her face!" Jace laughed again and that weird feeling came back. I froze again and glanced down, before taking quick glances at everyone else. No one was looking my way so I stared back at my rounding stomach. As soon as Jace started talking, there were two something's and I gasped, reaching out for Jace.

"Mac what's wrong?" They all said at once.

"Jace say something." I whispered, eyes still glued to my stomach. He leaned close, trying to look at my face.

"Baby what's wrong?" I sucked in a deep breath and started laughing.

"He's kicking! He's kicking whenever you talk baby!"

Jace fell out of his chair and to his knees, his hands on top of my stomach. He leaned close to my belly and started talking slowly to him. I felt another kick just as Jace's head shot back, his eyes wide.

"Oh my god!" His face instantly went back to my stomach as he continued to talk and laugh whenever he felt a nudge.

Everyone took their turns with their hands on my stomach, and by the time Jace went back to having his hands on me, there was only one more kick.

"I think he rolled over,That was incredible!." I laughed as Jace stood up to kiss me long and slow.

"My thoughts exactly." He whispered and went back to kissing me.

When we told Dr. Homer about that the next morning, she raised her brow "So you're saying everyone else felt the kick?"

"Yes." We said together, still smiling.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm just shocked on how early he is kicking. Normally, no one else can feel it for another two and half weeks."

"Huh." I glanced to Jace, then back at her "Is that a bad thing?"

"No. Definitely not bad, just a little early is all. Let's have an ultra sound and get the measurements." She took the measurements and turned to look at us "Your baby is about nineteen centimeters, almost twenty."

"Great?" I had no idea if that was normal or not.

"Usually he would be around seventeen or around eighteen right now, so it looks like he's developing pretty quickly. Almost two weeks ahead of where he should be." Dr. Homer went to her computer and checked on some things "He was right where he should have been at your last visit." She said quietly to herself. But a little loud enough for us to faintly hear.

"Not to be rude or anything but you're kinda getting me worried." Jace said as he gripped my hand "Is it a bad thing that he is developing a lot quicker than usual?"

"No no no, I don't mean to worry you two. He's perfectly healthy but all this means is that there's a possibility Mackenzie won't make it to her due date. We'll continue to monitor his growth but there's a chance Mackenzie would deliver a little early than expected. As long as the baby is fully developed by the time she goes into labor, she'll be fine. Either way there's nothing to worry about."

We both breathed sighs of relief and thanked her after taking our new pictures to show to mom and dad. Back at home, we looked at a few baby names and narrowed it down to ten names that we liked, but Jace said he wanted to wait until the baby was actually born to decide on the name. We ended up watching a movie until Jace had to go to work so I hung out with Carly, Mom, and Dad for the rest of the night. Jace was out until two am in the morning so there was no point in waiting up for him.

Sneak peek of Chapter 45

Graduation was this Sunday, so as a farewell to everyone, the guys were throwing one last huge party at Jace's house Friday night. Jace wanted to stay at his parents house with me that night since I wasn't planning on going but I told him to go. This was his last time to really be with all the guys before everyone moved back home. Mom completely understood why I wanted to stay home, and helped me kick him out of the house so he could have his fun. I mean it's a little immature for a five and half month pregnant teen to go out to a party where everyone was wasted and booze was everywhere in everything. I knew if I would have gone, Jace and Carly would constantly be by my side to make sure I was fine. I wanted them to enjoy their night, not go crazy trying to babysit me. Once they were all gone, Mom, dad and I ordered Chinese and piled onto the couch to watch movies. Throughout the movie, my baby boy would kick the crap out of me. Normally he wouldn't kick unless he heard his daddy talking to him. But Chinese food was the sure way to make him kick. By the time the movie ended, my phone vibrated telling me I had a text.

Carly:

Um... Hey Mac, what was that girl's name that works with Jace? Kendrick? Kettle shit? Ketchup?

Me:

Lol! Her name is Kendall... Why?

Carly:

She's here. At Jace's party.

Me:

Seriously? Why is she at a college party? And who invited her?

Carly:

I'm guessing Jace...