Chapter 56

*I had a typo in the last chapter.

I said Spencer Parker, I meant to say Spencer Adams. Sorry :D

Spencer and I had found a townhouse that same weekend and were now moving in tomorrow. It was a three bedroom, two and half bath, with a garage, and a huge backyard which was perfect for our growing family. It was less than ten minutes away from Mom and Dad's place, and even though they were sad I wouldn't be living with them anymore, they were really happy that Spencer and I were moving on with our lives. Mom said she was going to set up another nursery in one of the guest bedrooms anyways so she could babysit whenever we needed her to. Yesterday, we had finished picking out and buying everything we needed to furnish our new place, and the things that were already stored in Mom and Dad's garage were being delivered tomorrow morning. We were currently starting the ultrasound at my first appointment with Spencer since he and I had gotten back together. As suspected, Dr. Homer wasn't surprised to see Spencer, and was genuinely happy he was there with me.

Spencer's breath caught and he squeezed my hand as soon as Gummy Bear's heartbeat filled the room and he was on the screen.

"Oh my god, Mac."

I smiled at him and looked back to the screen. Going through this right now was completely different than it had been with Jace. It had been almost magical with Jace, emotional since he died, and felt like a perfect new beginning with Spencer.

"Okay Mackenzie, as you can see, the baby has already turned head down and dropped. That usually doesn't happen for a couple more weeks, so unfortunately I am going to have to put you on bedrest. He'll probably still come early, but honestly with how things are going righ now it could happen at any time now. We need to make sure he stays in there for at least a few more weeks so he can be fully developed. If things get complicated throughout the process there are medicines we can use to help with that, but i'd prefer to not do that. So the less active you are now, the better." Dr. Homer turned to Spencer, "Now im counting on you to make sure she takes it easy, Okay?"

He grinned at me, "I'll take care of her, I promise."

I rolled my eyes, he knew I could only handle being babied for so long before I started going crazy. I usually didn't make it past two days so I hope he can handle me.

The next day was ridiculous, I wanted to be putting everything away in OUR new home, but once the furniture had been moved in, everyone made me lie on the couch and tell them where I wanted the boxes to go. I continued to whine and complain until Spencer came back with another load of boxes and frozen yogurt from Yogo Cups for me. That shut me up and I decided to play nice the rest of the day. I ordered pizza for everyone that helped five hours later when they'd finished, and we had the house to ourselves by nine. Spencer and I walked from room to room so I could see how the furniture looked, and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. We had just left the new nursery when Spencer stopped me in the hall.

"Close your eyes baby."

"Whyy?" I dragged out the word a bit, suspicious of what he was up to.

Spencer stepped close and place his lips to my ear, his fingers gently rubbing my swollen stomach, "I have a surprise for you, will you please close them?"

I obeyed and he took my hands in his to lead me to another room, when he told me to open my eyes, my jaw dropped as my eyes scanned around the room.

"Spencer, when did you do all of this?" I glanced around at our bedroom that was dim, the only light coming from candles, and the huge bouquets of red roses. At least another two dozen of rose petals were lying on the bed.

He kissed me gently and walked me to the bed, "Well, I made sure Carly kept you busy for a while. Did you really think Carly didn't know where to put the nursery and kitchen stuff?" He sat me down on the edge of the bed and bent over, kissing me again.