Chapter 9

Hey guys I just wanted to say Thank You sooooo much for 66 reads.

I seriously did not expect that much so thank you for reading. Please don't forget to vote!!!

Love you all

Spencer and Jace continued to glare at each other while I stood between them keeping my mouth shut. I started feeling uncomfortable being in this situation so I decided to speak up.

"Spence do you think I can talk to Jace alone, please?" He continue glaring back at Jace before finally blowing out a hard breath.

"No way in hell am I leaving you with him AGAIN." Before I could respond back, Spencer placed his hand into mine and walked us back into his room.

"Mac, I hope you understand why I don't want him near you. I just don't get why you stopped me from giving him what he deserves."

He sighed while glancing under the sleeve of his shirt on my body.

"Spence I understand you, but like I said he's not worth it." I absolutely hated the fact that I was worried about Jace. I know he deserves that punch and everything but I didn't want him hurt.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled deeply again as he sat on the bed.

"Mac, you have bruises on you. BRUISES. You should have told me that he was holding you that tight."

"He wasn't. I didn't even realize those were there." I lied.

Before one of us could continue this any further, there was a knock on the door and Jace walked in.

"Well, after that scene you just made earlier, you got my attention. Now, one of you want to explain what the hell I did?"

I could hear Spencer's breathing quickening and his fist are all balled up. Why can't guys just calm down.

"Jace," I began "do you not remember a clue about what happened last night?" I looked at Jace but only to see that his eyes were on Spencer's.

"All I remembered was you and I talking. That's it." He said finally looking at me.

Spencer brought my body to his and slowly raised the sleeves over my shoulders. "I don't think you were ONLY talking to her."

I looked up to see Jace's face paled as he took in the 4 bruises. Two on my left arm and two on the other. You could practically see the fingerprints on it. This is all happened during our fight in his room. He shook his head and tore his eyes from my bruises to look at me.

"Mac, I di- I." He took a deep breath and ran his hand through his blond hair before speaking again

"Mac, I didn't mean to hurt you, I would never do that, I am so sorry." I knew Jace would never physically hurt me on purpose. By the looks of it, It looked like Jace was mentally beating himself up. Not caring about Spencer's warning, he came up to me and ran his fingers over the bruises.

"Mac, can I talk to you alone please?" Spencer stood up and kissed my neck before whispering in my ear

"I'll go grab us some breakfast. If he lays a finger on you, call me understand?" I nodded and watched as he got ready. Before he left he kissed me so passionately, I almost forget Jace was still in the room. I knew he'd done that on purpose. He left the room leaving Jace and I alone.

"Mackenzie are you ok? Ugh I know your not, It must've hurt."

"No, Jace I'm fine. It didn't even hurt." I half lied.

"Bullshit Mac, how can you say that? The marks proves how bad I've hurt you."

"Jace, trust me I'm fine! I'm not as fragile as you guys think I am." I know I'm small and a girl but my dad was a football coach for gods sake. I worked out with half the football team and even learned a few moves of defense from Mason.

"Mac I just- I never meant to hurt you, I swear." The pain in his eyes was too much. Before I knew it, I wrapped my arms arms around his neck and he pressed his face into mine.

"Jace you don't have to explain. I know you didn't hurt me on purpose, you were drunk and mad."

He leaned back far enough to cause a distance between us.

"Don't do that. Don't act like its ok or your ok because I know you aren't. Yes I was drunk, but thats not an excuse."

"Well maybe you should stop drinking then." I joke

"Maybe." He didn't look offended he just looked thoughtful.

"Why did you choose him Mac?"

"Why not?" I simply replied back. He laughed but didn't say anything. "Why does that bother you so much Jace?"

"Because you shouldn't give someone you just met everything Mac."

"Everything? I haven't given him everything. All we did was kiss." I turned around and sat on the bed.

"Please Mac, don't give him everything." He walked over to where I was sitting and brought his face back to mine "he doesn't deserve you."

I knew I should lean away but I can't. "And you do?" His eyes flashed with hurt before he closed them.

"No. Not me either. Someone who would love you, protect you and take care of you. Someone who realizes that no matter how hard they look, they will never find someone as special as you are." He looked into my eyes and we just stared at each. I was blown away by what he just said. We barely knew each other, there was no way he thinks all of this about me." Breaking my thoughts Jace moved a little closer. His lips was much closer to mine. My heart stopped.

"Jace..." I could feel his breath against my lips. My eyelids fluttered shut and my mouth opened slightly.

"Mackenzie, when I first met you, I DID realize that you were special. I realize I would never meet a girl like you. But you deserve so much better Mac. And as much as I want to be that "better person" for you, I can't baby."

My arms gave out and I flopped down to the bed. Why do I have to feel this way for him. A whimper escaped my mouth when I felt his soft lips being pressed to my throat. I secured my fingers in his hair but didn't pull him closer. If I kissed him right now, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to stop. The way my heart would pound for each guy was already frustrating me to no end, I didn't want to complicate things by kissing Jace. And even though Spencer and I didn't know each other for long, the thought about hurting him aches my heart. Jace skimmed his nose down my wrist and palm before kissing it and standing up to leave the room. After Jace left, I walked to the bathroom to freshen up for when Spencer returned. When I walked back into his room he was sitting there with coffee and a delicious looking cinnamon roll. I grinned and bounce over to kiss him. His face broke into a huge smile before picking me up and lifting me off the carpet.

"How did it go?" He asked

"It was ok. He apologized and he was nice."

"He better be." He grumbled and set me down. I laughed and grabbed the coffee.

"Ugh thank you for this. I needed it."

"No problem. I was actually wondering if I can take you out tonight."

I almost choked. "Wait like on a date??"

He chuckled and grabbed my hand pulling me towards him.

"Yes a date. Maybe a dinner and a movie?"

"Sounds perfect."I said a little to enthused "Sorry I've just never been on a date before."

"What about yesterday ? At the cafe."

"I thought we were just hanging out."

"God your adorable." He said with a smirk and kissed my forehead. "Fine, I guess tonight is our official date."

Ahhhh!!! I tried to contain myself from bouncing up and down "What time?"

"Around six? If that's ok with you?"

"Sounds good. I'm going to go get ready." I kissed him before running out of the room to find Carly.