Chapter 8

I laid there waiting for Spencer's response to my question. He blew out a deep breath and thought for a second "5, But I had relationships with them so it's not like a one night stand kind." Atleast he's not as bad as Jace. Five is a good amount... I think.

"Okay." I didn't know what else to say so saying okay was the only word I could think of right now.

"Mackenzie, I just want you to know I'll never push you to do anything you don't want to. When you are ready, I'll be ready too." I pressed my chest into his and fought the urge to run my fingers across his abs. We laid there in silence until I crawled higher up the bed to press my lips to his head, then temple, making my way to his lips. He immediately crushed his mouth to mine when my lips got closer to his. He held my body close to his, as he rolled slightly on top of me. Surprisingly I found myself pulling him even closer to my body then ever. Heat instantly began taking place low in my belly when his knee pressed high up inside of my thighs. I shuddered when Spencer made a trail of kisses down my neck.

"Mac," he whispered in my ear, "you can't do that." I froze. Shit. Did I do something wrong?

"Do what?" He blew out a long breath before rolling back to his side.

"You can't shudder like that when I kiss you, it turns me on." Relieved that I didn't do anything wrong, I bit my lip trying to contain my huge grin that was about to take place on my face. Good to know I have that affect on him just like he does on me.

"Goodnight Spencer."

"Night baby."

When I woke up, I knew exactly who had their arm around me. I stayed wrapped in Spencer's arms for a while, enjoying the feel of his arms around me. That was until Spencer started tracing patterns on my waist.

"Good morning handsome."

"Good morning beautiful." He said back. Dear lord could his voice be any sexier? I turned to face him and for a while we just laid there staring at each other.

"God your beautiful Mackenzie." His hand left mine to brush across my cheek. "It was too dark to see you last night but seeing you now?," he paused and shook his head slightly "beautiful is all I can manage right now." I smiled while studying his face. I noticed that something about his features seemed different.

"Spencer! Your eyes are light brown!" He laughed and all I wanted to do was kiss his dimples that were now on his face.

"That's a surprise to you?"

"No, it's just I thought they were gray like mine."

"Well they can turn gray,brown,green. They change all the time."

"They're mesmerizing!." I fascinated. He laughed and there goes those dimples again. I laughed along with him and kissed his hard jaw. Tucking my head back into his chest and saw that he had also had tattoos.

"I didn't know you have tattoos." I touched the numbers on his chest and tried to make sense of them.

"Yea. I have a few."

"What are the numbers and letters mean?" Seeing the letters and numbers U A F 167 6 22 04

"It means United Airlines Flight 167. June 22, 2004."

"Your dad?"

"Yup."

"I'm sorry." I whispered into his chest and placed a light kiss over the tattoo. I waited at least 5 minutes before I said anything.

"Will you show me your other tattoos?" He smiled and stood up turning around so his back was facing me. I gasped when I saw all of his tattoos on his back and shoulders. Tribal symbols covered his right shoulder, words in different languages were written near his ribs and a few stars as well and a cross necklace tattooed around his neck.

"Spencer, this is beautiful."

"You like?" He grabbed my hand that was placed on his shoulder and kissed it. When I was done observing he turned around and faced me again. He kissed me quickly before climbing out of bed. I frowned when he pulled away.

"Even when pouting your still cute as hell." I grumbled and started to crawl out of bed but before I could get my feet to touch the ground, Spencer had my legs wrapped around his waist and his lips on mine. I laughed into his mouth when he slammed my back into the wall. He started leaving trails of kisses down my neck, across my collar bone and on my shoulder. He stopped and sucked in air through his teeth and I felt his chest rumble.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" He yelled loud enough making me flinch.

"Spencer! What's wrong!?" He was breathing hard, but somehow I didn't think it had anything to do with me.... I hope. He cursed again under his breath before finally setting me down.

"Spencer?" Instead of answering me right away, he set his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. When I tried to look down at whatever he'd seen, he slipped his hand under my chin.

"Don't." He growled. After a few seconds he sighed and spoke again "Mackenzie, I want you to stay in here. I'll be back soon." He said through clenched teeth before pressing his lips to my forehead and turning to leave. My eyes widened when I finally looked down.

"Oh. My. God."

"JACE!" He roared as he left the room. Worrying on what's going to happen next, I quickly grabbed a shirt that he wore last night and took off after him.

"Spencer! Spencer, don't!"

Once Spencer reached Jace's door he banged his fist on it while yelling "JACE! Open the door now!" No one answered. Before Spencer could pound on the door again, the back door opens revealing a shirtless Jace. It looked liked he had just woken up.

"You son of a bitch!" Spencer boomed before crossing the living room toward Jace. Thankfully I was close enough to the back door allowing me to step in front of Jace. Like expected Spencer stopped. I knew there was no way he would hurt me.

"Spencer... Please stop." I held one hand out toward Spencer and the other on Jace's chest.

"Mackenzie, please move."

"No." I moved closer and placed my hands on Spencer's face "he's not worth it." I whispered. The way he was breathing reminded me of a bull, ready to take charge.

"You have got to kidding me Mac!, He-" before he could finish his sentence I held up my hand to silence him.

"I know Spence, I saw them... Believe I did but please don't do this, not right now."

I wrapped my hands around Spencer's neck and forced him to look at me "We'll handle this, just not the way you intended to."

I kissed him softly and looked back into his eyes.

"Will one of you tell me what the hell is going on?" Jace interrupted.

Spencer's eyes flickered towards Jace and, I could see the anger in them.