Chapter 21

"Mackenzie, stop walking away from me and just talk to me."

"What for? So you can remind me how much of a slut you think I am?"

"I don't think that." He let out a growl and a sigh "I didn't mean to call you that. It's just, I had a bad day and I didn't mean to take it out on you." When I didn't say anything back, his hand came up and brushed my hair back as he stared into my eyes "this is why I could never be good enough for you Mac, all I do is hurt you baby."

"That's not the point Jace. All I wanted was for us to become friends, get along, but all you do is push me away and make things difficult." His face fell at the mention of "friend"

"Okay fine, you want to be friends? We'll be friends. But stop approaching me at the house and at school."

"What? That's not technically how the whole "friend" thing works."

"It needs to be that way Mac." He turned away for a second before facing me again "Sundays are the only days we get to be together. That's the day where I have you all to myself, and not in a romantic way but what I mean was you're here with me, and not with Spence." He bent his knees so we were eye to eye "I need these days with you Mac, every other day you are always with him and it's not a good idea to be around each other after what happened a few days ago. So just stay away. It's for the best."

"But Jace....."

"Do you seriously think not talking to you doesn't kill me? Well it does Mac. Every single day. It sucks not talking to you, not bickering like we're an old married couple and what hurts and sucks the most is not spending every minute, every second, everyday right next to you. If you still want to be friends then I'm fine with that, but I can only have you on Sundays."

"Jace, you have the option to apologize to Spencer. He would forgive you and things will go back to normal. We could all be friends again." Okay maybe the last part wasn't entirely true.

He shook his head and gave me a half smile "Trust me Mac, Spencer hates me and he has every reason to. I don't think things will ever go back to normal. But enough of that, Carly and my mom are waiting for you. I'll see you when you get back."

I walked towards the entry but stopped after a few feet and turned around to face Jace.

"Jace?"

"Yeah?"

I held his gaze "Promise you'll stop hurting me from now on?"

Jace walked over and pulled me into a tight hug "You should go. I bet Carly is getting aggravated."

He didn't necessarily answer me but I didn't want to push the issue any further.

A/N

Hey guys so I decided to pick up the pace with the story.So don't be confused when the next chapter is bumped up to a few months later. This is when the best part will begin so yeah. I might do a double update just because this chapter was pretty short. But I just wrote this chapter just to let you know my plans with the story and how much I appreciate all of the votes and reads. Thank you all soooo much <3