Chapter 33

Our faces were now a few inches away from each other and I just hope he doesn't try to kiss me right then. Thankfully my mind processes and I quickly move away from his grasp before he had the chance to. He looked at me with those pleading blue eyes and spoke around the lump in his throat.

"Why are you doing this Mac? Why couldn't you choose me for once?"

"I couldn't Jace. It's always been Spencer. I'm sorry." 

"So what? Are you sleeping with him too? Did you tell him you loved him the first time you had sex with him too?"

"Why does that matter to you?"

"I just need to know. Please." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Did you sleep with him after you slept with me?"

I wanted to tell him yes to hurt him just like he hurts me but I couldn't do that to him. 

"No... I've only been with you!. Happy?" 

"Mack-" 

"Jace, please just stop. Don't even bother make a rude comment on how I haven't slept with him yet. Please just don't." I began to walk back to the front door and right when I was about to turn the knob, it hit me. Holy. Shit. I turned around to look back at Jace, my eyes went wide and I sucked in a startled gasp. Oh God, Oh no. This can't be happening. 

"Mac, what's wrong?" He asked and began to slowly walk towards me.

"Stop! I have to go" I yelled behind me as I ran back into the house. I ran passed Carly in the living room and made my way upstairs, into Carly's room. I began searching frantically for my phone. Once I finally found it, I brought the screen to life and ignored the text messages from Spencer and pulled up my calendar. She wasn't wrong. I was supposed to start in a week. I flipped back to last month and saw that I never marked when I had my period that month, meaning I never had it. This can't be happening. I dropped my phone on the ground and cursed to myself when I heard Carly walk into the room. 

"Is everything okay? What happened?"

"I-I'm fine. Nothing happened. He just wanted to talk."

"Talk about what?" She stood there staring at me for a minute. It's obvious she knows something is up. 

Before I could answer her, she began to speak again."Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"No" I lied, "Carls can we not talk about it right now? I just want to rest. I'm starting to get dizzy again."

"Of course." Carly left the room and walked back downstairs while I got ready for bed. I then got in the covers and buried my face in the pillow and tried to convince myself that this was just a dream. My suspicions had to be wrong. It HAD to be. This is just a dream and at some point I would wake up. 

*****

I woke up the next morning, oddly feeling in a good mood. I got out of bed and decided to hop into the shower. I was over exaggerating last night. I probably just forgot to marked my calendar last month. There was no way I could...nope, not even going to say the word. Once I got out of the shower, I quickly got dressed and skipped down to meet up with Carly. I walked into the kitchen and plopped onto the bar stool.

"You look like you feel better." She grinned while pouring the beaten eggs into the skillet. 

"Yeah! I had no idea what was wrong with me last night, probably had to do with all of the junk food."

"That's an understatement. I've never seen you eat that much junk food." I laughed but stopped abruptly. 

"What the hell is that smell?"

Carly took a step away from the stove and took a few hesitant sniffs. 

"Uh, I don't smell anything.. only the eggs."

"Are they bad?" I walked to the fridge and grabbed the carton of eggs and searched for the expiration date. They still had a week. I shut the door and walked to the cabinet to get a glass. When I stepped behind Carly, my nose was assulted by that smell again. Before I even realized it, I began running towards the kitchen sink, throwing up everything from the night before. Aw hell. 

Carly held my hair back and handed me a glass of water when I finished. When I finally looked up at her, she looked pissed. Her mouth was mashed into a straight line, arms folded over her chest, an eyebrow raised. She figured it out. No surprise to that. I knew she would at some point. 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She screeched, "Were you ever going to tell me you'd had sex with him?!"

I started shaking and tears began falling down my face. 

"This can't be happening" I sobbed and slid to the ground "I'm just sick right? Please tell me im just sick." She sat on the ground infront of me and pulled me into a hug for comfort. 

"Have you taken a test Mac?"

"No... Carls I can't be." I sobbed. Heaving a sigh, she stood up and pulled me with her. 

"There's a possibility that you might not be." Her sad smile told me she didnt mean that for a second, "But we are going to buy a test and find out, alright Mac?" I nodded and she grabbed two large water bottles out of the fridge and handed them to me "Start drinking, I'll drive."

We didn't say anything to each other the entire drive to the drug store. When she pulled into the parking lot, I didn't have the guts to walk in there so I just gave her some cash. Five minutes later she came out with a bag filled with 3 boxes. She handed me the bag and I just stared at it. After a few minutes, I began to read the directions on one of them.

"You knew Carls, Didnt you?"

She sighed and grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I kinda figured."

"How?"

"Well you've been eating alot, last night was your first dizzy spell. You get out of breath pretty easily and you didnt have one of your "moods" last month. I've thought about it before but everytime I would bring up sex, you would always tell me you weren't ready with him. But today... that was the final piece of the puzzle."

I didnt say anything, just continued to down the water and try to stop my entire body from shaking. When we got back to Mom and Dad's, Carly waited in the bedroom while I pulled out a stick out of each of the 3 boxes. If I was going to find out, I had to be 100% sure. I peed on the stick and waited for 3 minutes for the result. Those 3 minutes were the longest minutes of my life. The minutes had passed and I took a long deep breath before picking up one out of three sticks to find out the results.