Chapter 30

'What do you mean?" Spencer asked 

"I mean I don't think I can do this anymore. I can't watch you fight anymore. I don't think I can handle watching you in pain. Especially after what had happened a few hours ago." He let out a sigh of relief and pulled me close to his side and kissed me on the forehead.

"Mac, I understand. I'm sorry if I worried you and i'm sorry you had to see that tonight."

"Don't apologize, I'm just glad you are okay now." I sighed into his chest and he squeezed me tight.

"I love you Mackenzie."

"I love you too Spencer. So much." I then kissed him softly and settled in to finally sleep.

****

I smiled against Jace's kisses as he led me back to his room. I gasped when I realized we were at his house. I pushed him away a bit and looked around the room, confused. 

"Jace, we can't do this here! One of the guys could walk in on us. Especially Spencer!" I could have sworn we were at his parent's house, how did we get to his? 

"Don't worry baby, no one will catch us."

A part of me was screaming not to give in hence we will most likely get caught by one of the guys but when his lips touched my naked body, I couldn't find the strength to stop him. I ran my fingers through his hair and pulled his head away from my stomach and back to my face. 

"I guess we have to be extra quiet this time." I whispered huskily. Jace moaned and brought himself between my legs. His lips were back on mine and I fluttered my eyes shut as he called my name out. I opened my eyes and heard him say my name again although as I looked closer, his lips never moved. That wasn't Jace's voice, it was Spencer's!

"Jace!" I hissed "Jace we need to stop. Spencer's here!"

He smiled mischievously and pressed further into me "Who cares"

The door opened and Spencer stood there with a heartbreaking expression. 

"Spencer, it's not what you think!"

Spencer simply smiled and looked at me "Mac, wake up."

HUH?

"Come on Mac, we have class to go to." What on earth was happening?

"MACKENZIE GET UP!" My eyes shot open and I sat up, my face clashing into a hard chest

"Spencer!" I screamed

"Jesus babe, Calm down!" Spencer's arms wrapped around me as he kissed the top of my head.

"Are you okay baby?" I pushed back to look at his face then around the room. 

"I'm fine. I just had a bad dream..." Everything felt so real though. I felt sick to my stomach that I had a dream of cheating on Spencer. I was already dealing with the guilt of actually cheating on him, I didn't need to dream about it too. 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Um, no. I'm fine." 

"Are you sure Mac? You're heart is racing and your drenched in sweat baby."

"I'm fine. It just freaked me out a little."

Spencer shrugged "Okay, well get ready, we have to leave for our classes soon."

I grumbled but managed to get myself out of bed and into the bathroom. After I was mostly ready, I walked into the kitchen to grab some coffee and froze. Jace was here. He was standing with his back facing me, talking to Carly. He must have heard me enter the room because his back straightened from crouching down when he was talking to his sister. 

"Uh, Good Morning." I casually say.

Carly smiled widely before replying back "Good morning roomie! How'd you sleep?"

Jace barely acknowleged me being in the room, saying nothing to me.

"Um, pretty well. You?"

"Excellent." She bit her lip and her face flushed. 

"Ugh, at least save your details until im gone Carls." Jace made a gagging noise before walking out the kitchen. I watched him retreat down the hall then walked toward the coffee pot to switch it on.

"So Mac, anything you want to share?" Carly asked suggestively. I froze. Crap. Did he tell her? How could he do this to me?. 

My voice shook, "What do you mean?" 

"Hm...let me see. You and lover boy were pretty cozy last night. So you tell me."

Oh thank god she meant Spencer. I exhaled and the tension left my shoulders 

"Oh nothing happened. We were just tired so we went to sleep. That's it."

"Bullshit! Don't even try to tell me you guys didnt get it on last night."

"Sorry Carly but we really didnt do anything." I smiled and grabbed the now full pot of freshly brewed coffee. 

"Are you serious?" Her head fell heavily into her hands "Mac, how can you still be torturing that poor boy?"

"I'm just not ready yet... and he respects that. Unlike someone I know." I looked pointedly at her and she just rolled her eyes. 

"I bet you did do it. You just don't want to share the juicy deets." She hmphed and crossed her arms over her chest. She had no idea how right she was. 

"Well believe what you want but i'm afraid you are going to be disappointed for a while. I'm not ready to be with him in that way. But don't worry, when I finally decide to have sex with Spencer, I will give you the heads up before he does." I winked and brought the cup of coffee to my lips. 

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She sat there studying me as I continued to drink on my coffee. A few seconds later she spoke up again. 

"Maybe you are ready but you just don't know what to do!"

"What? that's not it. I'm seriously not ready. I guess I want to wait until I truly know I love him. Unlike you."

"FYI my sex life is ahmazing! Waiting is so not worth it!"

I laughed and leaned against the counter. I listened to her go on about her "amazing" sex life until Spencer walked in to grab his cup of coffee. 

"Is she talking about Cory again? I swear, you two need to quit talking about how amazing sex was." He kissed the tip of my nose and moved me so he was against the counter and I was against his chest. 

"She's just trying to shove her sex life compared to ours in our faces." I lightly laughed and turned to look at him.

"We'll get there eventually." He shrugged but I saw the thirst and longing in his face. Torture was definitely a good word to describe what I was always doing to him. Carly finally switched topics a few minutes later but I then began getting dizzy that I couldn't focus on what she was saying anymore. I shook my head as if to clear it and leaned forward alittle, in hopes that would help. It now sounded as if she was talking under water and I was confused when she started to get up from her chair and started walking toward me, her face alarmed. I heard a muffled crash and I felt my leg sting and I felt myself leaning forward. Spencer caught me just before my face hit the tiled floor and I lost consciousness.