54 - Fighting My Battles

Devin

“He’ll be fine, right now he’s still doesn’t want to talk but he’ll get to it, but I am going to release him.” The doctor explained and I nodded my head.

“Thank you so much.” I said shaking his hand and looked over at Charisma who was playing with Cordell and kissed him on his forehead making him smile.

“You’re welcome just make sure he doesn’t get into a few accidents.” He advised and I nodded my head looking over at Charisma.

“You ready to go?” I asked and she nodded her head and we packed all of Cordell’s clothes and gifts that he has received the past few days we have been in here and walked out of the hospital into the car, I helped Cordell into the car and Charisma sat in the back with him just for safe measures.

As I drove I looked at Cordell and Charisma as they both whispered in each others ears smiling from ear to ear making me smile.

“So Cordell, you want some deep dish pizza? I know it’s your favorite?” I said and he just stayed quiet with the most serious face and got up close to Charisma making me look at her and she shrugged her shoulders shaking her head.

“How about you go home and I’ll take him and Demetri to Tony’s for some pizza okay?” she said and I sat back and nodded my head.

I already could tell that Cordell was done with me as a father, I really had to earn that back from him because something heart wrenching happened to him. I was still pissed about Pee Wee and Mac knowing that I had to make the quickest visit and missing persons report so I could really live my life. Charisma was already nine months and ready to have the baby and I couldn’t have Pee Wee and Mac on my ass.

I parked in front of the apartment and looked back at Charisma.

“Let me go get my purse and Demetri and I’ll come back.” Charisma said and I nodded my head sitting back in my seat. She kissed Cordell on the forehead then got out the car leaving me and him in the car alone.

“I almost got killed; mommy almost got killed with my little brother. they didn’t do anything wrong.” Cordell said and I looked back at him.

“What?” I said trying to think if I really heard him talk.

“You almost left mom to die.”

I sighed lifted my head up, “I didn’t mean to even do that, let alone let it happen. You guys know very well that I would never in my life sit there and let someone else hurt you guys. I love you and your two brothers equally and love your mother with all my heart.”

He didn’t say a word but turn the other way looking out of the window. Just thinking about the way that Cordell protected his mother and brother I knew that I was missing out on everything; I had my own son trying to end my battles, tragic.

So i had to make this chapter about Devin and Charisma, Cause yall was a lil too hype the last chapter lol I Will bring back Alia and Cory after 15 Comments lol and no more Shamar is Cory daddy comments lol,  i saw the same comment 27 times lmao, so please 15 comments and i'll update! - Camisha ♥