6: Clumsy

*Alia*

I came to school feeling more than happy that I was going to make my way to Gainesville and be a college freshman and finally meet Street Chef. So many things ran through my head about him. When we had our first conversation, I already fell in love with his voice. It was like a mix between Trey Songz and J. Holiday two of my favorite singers. I know if a woman heard a voice like that, they would be thinking about him all the time. Some days I anticipated calling him but I was scared, I mean I really didn’t know how I was going to call him. Just the thought of calling him scared me in all different ways and I’m usually a type of girl who wasn’t much scared of things.

I sat in the gym as we were going through graduation rehearsal contemplating whether I should call or text him. I mean everything was running through my head as the white bar stood on top of his name with the call and text icon right beside him. Ugh why am I being a nervous little bitch right now?

Zamara came over and sat right next to me looking at my phone being the nosy chick that she is.

“And who is Street Chef?” she said questioning me then gasp causing almost everyone to look at us. She was really embarrassing me right now, I pulled her down and she looked at me smiling, “Is that twitter boy?” she asked and I blushed causing her to erupt in laughter.

“Yes its twitter boy, just don’t tell anybody, I don’t want people to think I’m falling in love with an imaginary boy.” I said leaning back and she looked at me in disbelief.

“Falling in love? Hold up missy, didn’t you just get out of a relationship with Chaz and you already falling in love? I’m guessing Mr.” she looked at my phone reading his name, “Street Chef got a hold on you Alia.” I blushed.

I couldn’t say that but how it was looking I felt like I could relate to him even though I didn’t know as much about him. He just seemed like my perfect guy all wrapped in a box. My mother would always say that he can’t be my perfect guy but he can be the best thing that I ever knew and she was right. She always told me that when she met my dad there was nothing perfect about him but he was close and through the twenty years of marriage he became her perfect match. That’s what I wanted and I wasn’t going to rush anything but Street Chef seemed like a decent candidate.

“No he doesn’t, I just like him, and he talks to me a lot when some people don’t even bother to talk to me.” I said looking over at Chaz who was way over me since all the bitches was around him.

Zamara looked over where I was looking and kissed her teeth, she knew my pain.

“Ugh, don’t even think about him,” she did her signature flip of the hair and looked at me, “Hey if he’s talking to ho ho Heather then I guarantee that she will be pregnant maybe a month after graduation tops and he’s going to be a daddy with little mini ho ho Heathers.” She said and I laughed.

I looked down at my phone again and decided to text him; I guess it was a start to something.

Me: Hey: D

I pressed send and looked back at Zamara looking more than nervous. Damn I have never felt this way ever. For the rest of the class we rehearsed and almost every minute I would check my phone waiting for the text. Once we were getting ready to go up for another walkthrough I got a text.

Street Chef: Wassup lil mama, sorry for the late reply, still got school in my neck of the woods.

I smiled. I could just picture him saying that, that sexy ass voice was something else.

Me: Hey, I do too, you want me too text you later?

Street Chef: Naw, you cool. I think you just making my day better J

I looked at the text smiling literally forgetting about everything that was happening around me.

“Alia man, you holding up the line!” someone yelled and looked up and saw half of the class already starting the line to the seats. I snapped out of my mind and walked catching up to the others.

“You better not do that at graduation!” another yelled and I sticked up the middle finger and continued walking and back up to where I was sitting and continued texting him.

Me: Oh did I?

Street Chef: Yeah, I can’t tell my girl she making my day better?

I literally started laughing.

Me: When was that official?

Zamara came over towering over me looking at the text and I looked at her.

“Excuse me, you all up my personal space honey.” I said and she rolled her eyes sitting beside me.

“Whatever but I’m seeing that playboy is really working your ass with them smiles.”

I couldn’t help but smile at that, damn I really had to calm down. Everyone was looking at me like something was wrong; Chaz even looked at me wondering why in the hell I was smiling. If he really knew it was because someone was about to take the place that he could have kept if he acted more damn respectful and played the boyfriend role.

I suddenly got a text from Street Chef again.

Street Chef: Check Twitter J

I raised my brow and went onto my twitter app then checked on my Tl.

@69StreetChef: She Don’t Know Yet, But She My Girl. I Don’t Even Have To Look At Her Face To Know She Smiling Right Now. Love You Baby Girl.

I started smiling real hard, I didn’t even know what to say or how to react, and there was just a deep red color in my face.

“What happened?” Zamara said and took the phone and started reading the text and gave the biggest aww in the world.

Lol I Aint Gonna Lie, I Have Been Through These Situations, Please Tell Me If You Have Been Too, You Forget About The Real World Cause You Texting That One Guy/Girl!!????? Please Vote, And Comment!!! Remember Five Comments And I Upload! - Camisha ♥

Right now I was so damn clumsy.