Chapter 36: Missing

Cory

*One Week Later*

I haven’t heard or seen Alia ever since the night we spent together. Nobody has seen or heard her around campus and it really scared me. It was like, the more I didn’t hear from her the more I played harder on the field. Her absence was really hurting me on the inside.

I walked into my dorm room and picked up my phone dialing Alia’s number and held it to my ear. Each ring felt like a lifetime as if I shouldn’t be calling her at all.

“Hello?” she answered and my face brightened, but there were still hints of anger everywhere.

“Yo, where you been?” I asked and she sighed heavily.

“Miami, I was waiting till you come back home from your game to tell you but yeah,”

“So when you coming back, next game in a few days and I would love for you to come over and see your man play,” I said.

Suddenly the line turned silent, didn’t hear a single sound other than the TV in her background and what else felt like voices.

“I’m staying in Miami.”

If felt like my heart shattered into millions when she said that. I finally got the girl of my dreams personally to myself and now she’s leaving me?

I stayed silent on the line.

“There is just some things at home with my dad and then I have my little sister playing games with the law, I haven’t been feeling well at all been throwing up and been in bed all day. I’m sorry,” she explained in one deep breath and I still stayed silent, “Cory,” she said.

“Yeah,” I sighed and rolled over on my bed staring at the ceiling.

“I don’t want to get you upset but you are the guy that I love, nothing can change that. I constantly think about you morning noon and night,” she sighed, “if we did it before we met, we could do it now right?” she said and I smiled.

“How about this, video chat anytime I want because I am going to miss you. Plus, when I do come down there you’re mines alright?” she giggled making me smile do damn hard.

“Okay Cory that is officially a promise. Maybe when I’m not sick.”

“Well I hope you feel better baby.”

“Thanks baby. I’m going to go throw up again so I’ll talk to you later when I’m finished,” she immediately hung up the phone and I sighed staring at the picture.

Damn, I was really going to miss her only because she made my days better. I never sat around depressed only because she was there to pick me up which made me happy. This semester was going to be boring. I just can’t stay here without her.

Yeah I haven't posted in a long time, just been worrying about school and everything, im dealing with five classes spring semester too but damn!!!!! I'm sorry to anyone who was waiting on the next chapter, it aint that long but I tried to write during every break that I can. Wellllll ten comments and i'll upload! - Camisha ♥