53 - Try outs

Cory

Friday

As much as I didn’t want to go back to this football bullshit, I owed it to Alex, I knew that he wanted to see me with a great football career but I also wanted to see Alia happy because she wanted to see me happy. She respected the fact that football was going to be a full time thing because she wanted the best for me and our family.

I spent the last few days on the couch ever since our argument and Alia had the bed, I didn’t want to see her angry at me while I was sleeping or even worse, kill me in my sleep because pregnant women were always in their feelings.

I got up looking at the flyer and the time tryouts started was ten am, I wasn’t the type to really be there at ten like everyone else. I looked over at the close and it read seven thirty, that was a nice time for me. I quickly got up and went to go take a shower and put on practice clothes then knocked on Brenden’s door and he opened looking at me with groggy eyes.

“Man you know what time is it?” he questioned and I flashed the flyer at him.

“Don’t wake Zamara, early bird takes the worm, I’ll be waiting in the car for you.” I said and dashed out the house into the car.

 I really needed to get a stretch on early before these try outs, I needed to really get my head straight for this, and get back into my zone. We drove all the way to the park and it was completely empty, even the gate wasn’t open to the parking lot, so we managed to park across the street at some abandoned house and ended up jumping the gate going onto the field. I walked on the field feeling different, more different than before.

I sat in the middle of the field with the football in front of me and sighed closing my eyes,

“Psalm twenty three verse four, even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” I opened my eyes and looked over at Brenden who was already accompanied by coach and I groaned.

There was always something about him, I didn’t like him, and just at the way he really shown himself towards people showed that he had a lot of skeletons in his closet.

I walked over with my football in hand to where they were standing.

“Cory, I see the early bird gets the worm, nice to see you guys join us to be eligible in the team.” He said and I nodded my head.

“You a hard one, I could tell. You keep a grudge towards everything and your life will plummet faster than you think, I been there and done that. Money didn’t make me happy even playing for the 49ers didn’t help.” He explained.

“So you are thee Shamar Vans?” Brenden said excitedly and I shook my head slowly walking away on the field just working out.

I didn’t have time to talk to him, just wanted to play the game.

“So basically you are playing for the team?” Brenden asked.

“I guess, aint shit else to do, and if I hear Alia speak of it one more time, I am going to snap.

Alia

*Six p.m*

While Cory was tending to school I decided to go back to the field and talk to Shamar about his life, I was so interested in it I couldn’t really stay away. Even when me and Cory had another argument when I got home yesterday, it was the ill minded similarities that me and him had.

As I walked onto the field, I already could see other players still on the field still working on the field doing plays and running but Shamar was in the stands watching on and writing in a notebook.

I slowly waddled up the stands and sat next to him, smiling.

“Oh look who came.” He said excitedly and I smiled.

“You offered and I came, I still wanted to hear about your story.” I said and he smiled.

“Well I’m sorry but we had a few new additions to the team, one being your boyfriend.” He said and my eyes widened looking over at field, but most were wearing helmets.

“Red helmet with number twenty nine.” He said and I scanned the field and for sure I saw Cory in formation with other players making a play. I watched in fascination as he caught the ball, having the biggest smile on my face. Next thing you know he got tackled hard flipping then hitting the floor.

“Damn!” everyone yelled and I quickly got up already scared but Shamar held me back making me look back at him.

“He got to handle this on his own.” He said and I sat down and looked on.

Cory literally crawled on all fours on the field then stopped and threw up chucks of vomit then lay down. I looked over at Shamar and he just looked at him too. Cory lay down literally next to his vomit then ripped off his helmet and threw up some more, laying down facing the field.

“Why isn’t anyone helping?” I questioned.

“He’s young; all he knows about is college ball. He never experienced a hit like this, these are the hits that he will be getting during the games and that’s his first hit out of thousands.” He explained and I sat back and looked at him.

“So how many kids do you have beside the other one?” I asked changing the subject then his face changed.

“I have two sons.” He answered.

“So what happened to your other son?”

“He passed, never really got to know him just like my other son. His mom did tell me that he was a very humble boy and he cared about anyone in his life.”

“Same mother?” he shook his head no.

“No, different mothers very different. The one that passed was my oldest son by around six months and his mother was an angel at heart cared about me even though we weren’t together. She kind of accepted that she was the mistress and we did co parenting to take care of my son unlike the youngest son’s mother.” He explained and I nodded my head, “But out of anything I do love my sons, with my whole heart.”

“Do you wish you seen your younger son?”

I looked over at the field and saw Cory staring straight at us, with his helmet on, I knew he was mad.

“Trust me; I am as close as I am to my son.”

 So how are you guys loving the chapter? we are getting close to the bombshell secret that Shamar is hiding (iTS NOT SHAMAR BEING CORY'S FATHER, ITS SOMETHING ELSE!! SINCE YOU GUYS ALREADY KNOW HE THE DADDY) the secret is in the text! This chapter will be fifteen comments and i'll update the next one. - camisha ♥