47: Together Till Never

Charisma

*One week later, Friday night*

It’s been a week, Cordell is still in a coma and I have been by his side every step of the way. That’s my son, every minute I seen him in that hospital bed every bit and piece of me died with him. I knew Demetri was even more heartbroken than me because Cordell was his other half and did everything with him.

I had to stay strong though for the baby, if anything I don’t want him to feel the pain that I’m going through. For the past few weeks at that the baby has been a soldier through every stressful moment that I have.

As for Devin, the last time I heard from him was when we ran into each other at the hospital and he didn’t say a word to me but nodded his head. I wasn’t going to let that stress me or the baby; I wanted to go through a healthy pregnancy.

I dropped Demetri at my mother’s house and decided to go to Cordell’s room for the rest of the night; I needed to clear my head. I wanted to be by my baby’s side right now.

As I made my way to the hospital room I could see the light on from a distance and I walked closely to the door and could overhear a voice.

“Its hard to even see you like this,” I finally made it out to be Devin’s voice and I just stood in the door frame where he couldn’t see me and listened on, “I caused your mother pain and heartache and to be honest I regret every single moment of leaving you guy,” he then laughed, “Funny thing about it was for the first time ever, I prayed to have my wife and family back in my arms, I miss my family.” he silently sobbed then I walked inside and sat on the other side of Cordell’s hospital bed setting my Iphone on the counter.

Devin cleared his throat and looked at me as I held Cordell’s hand.

“I’m-” we both said united then I looked at him.

“You could talk first; I knew you have more to explain than me.” I said and he nodded head.

“I’m sorry that’s first, I knew I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Trying to pay off these debts and I really had to go out of the city to get the cash. I was so busy trying to get this money for Mac and Pee Wee for my protection, but I totally forgot about my family and their protection.” Tears started to stream down his face, “That nigga touched my son, my heart at that. I realized at that moment I failed being a father and protecting my family and I got another son on the way, I have to shape up. I’m sorry, I apologize not only to you but to Cordell, Demetri and Dream, you guys deserve way better and when I mean way better I mean a better fiancée, I mean if that’s still going to be my title.” He explained and I flashed the ring making him smile.

“Through everything I can’t help but to forgive you, remember we’ll argue all the time but that wouldn’t stop us from forgiving each other. Before anything you are my best friend Devin, I love you.” I said with tears streaming down my cheek and he leaned over and wiped my tears and smiled.

“I promise things will be different,” he promised then kissed me softly on my lips.

I smiled then suddenly felt Cordell squeezed my hand.

“Please tell me you feel that?” I asked and he looked up at me and smiled.

“He could hear us.” Tears were just flowing down his face.

“Thank god.” I said full of relief and kissed Cordell’s palm and smiled.

Devin held my hand then leaned over and kissed me.

This was what Cordell wanted, for us to stop arguing and be a family. Well he didn’t have to worry because he was going to get it.

Updated Updated! Yes we are seeing progress from Cordell, I hope you guys are feeling better about this! So For this chapter I need 18 Comments on who is your favorite character and why? or who you want to hear more from? Please please comment, vote and share to friends and i'll be back in 18 comments! - Camisha ♥