52 - Motivation

Cory

The whole time I sat at the table eating breakfast and looked at the flyer and sighed, Semi pro. Wasn’t that like college ball? That was the reason why I didn’t want to do it, going back to a team that didn’t even want to deal with me if rather go and deal with my personal problems. I couldn’t go back to that lifestyle; I wanted to be there for Alia and the baby. I looked at the flyer again and pushed it to the other side of the table.

Alia came in the kitchen and looked at me sitting on the far side of the table and looked at the flyer.

“I think you should do it.” She stated breaking the silence and I dropped my fork and looked at her.

“Why?” I asked and leaned back in my seat.

“You don’t get it but football is your dreams and I’m not stopping you from achieving that, god gave you another chance to play football Semi pro at that, so the faster you get through this is the faster you could go to the NFL Cory.” She explained and I cleared my throat and smiled.

“You don’t get it huh? I lost everything from my football career to agents just everything because of you.” I got up grabbing my plate and putting it in the sink.

“So you trying to say that I’m the reason that we like this?” she said slowly and I looked over my shoulder knowing that I already hurt her feelings. I turned around and reached over for her hand and she pulled away crossing her arms over her chest, her eyes watering up. “I’m the reason why you like this; because I’m pregnant you had to drop everything? Cory I was there before all this bullshit happened! Before even having sex with you, this baby is a gift from god and you fail to realize that, if you think that me and this baby is the reason why you in this predicament, I might as well leave out your life.” She yelled and shot up her seat storming out the house.

“Alia!” I yelled as she just walked out slamming the door making both Brenden and Zamara take a peek out of their rooms.

“What did you do?” Zamara questioned and I just sighed walking into our room, “So you not going to check on her, she’s pregnant with your baby!” she yelled and I slammed the door just ignoring everything.

I knew that both of us needed to clear our head.

Alia

I can’t believe he said that, like I was some mistake or something. For the past months, this dude has been crushing on me and he hit me with something like this? Even though he said something like that to me, I knew that it was all out of anger because I wanted him to go semi pro. I still loved him and cared for him but I knew that me and him had to really separate for a few hours and cool off especially Cory.

I decided to go to the park and see about this try out thing, if Cory didn’t want to see than I was. I parked in the parking lot and got out looking at the maybe hundred men who sat on the field trying out for this team. I guess it was that serious to these men, because they were getting a second chance at football. I decided to stand at gate a few feet away from the people, most of them were with family cheering people on and right now I didn’t want to be in that environment.

I sat there looking at some of the players wishing that it was Cory somewhere on the field, sighing leaning on the gate.

“I’m surprised you came.” A voice said and I turned around and saw the same man from yesterday.

“Oh yeah, you know, my boyfriend told me to see how it is.” I lied and he chuckled shaking his head, “Ok, he still said no, he just doesn’t have football on his mind like he used to.” I admitted and he smiled.

“He has a lot on his plate, I’m so sorry the name is Shamar, head coach of the team.” He took out his hand and I shook it smiling.

“Alia, and my boyfriend name is Cory, I’m sorry about yesterday.” I apologized and he nodded his head.

“Its fine, he’s young a lot of things happen. You’re pregnant and he wants to be there, I don’t know what happened before but it must have a big impact on him.”

I scrunched my face and looked at him showing that what happened before was more than tragic, “He had a full ride scholarship to a college and because I got pregnant and he wanted to really be there so they took him off.”

He leaned on the fence and looked over at the men trying out, “So he blamed you for the reason why his dreams are not coming true?” he asked and I nodded my head, “He’s something like me, one thing could change everything. At his age I was young and dumb and thought that I could do anything, I left a pregnant woman behind to fulfill my dreams regretted every single moment that I picked up a ball playing for the NFL. Every time I was in town wanting to see my child she pushed me away because I wasn’t there and you want to know one thing?” I looked at him in amazement as he interested me with his story, “She was my number one supporter, despite the fact that she never wanted me to see my own child, she raised him as a football player with abilities and my number. So if there is one thing that I cant say, I cant blame him when he says that he wants to be there for you and your child, he wants to better your child’s life.” Every single word that he said and right and I couldn’t really argue about it either, “Funny thing about it is that you remind me of her.” He smiled.

He really loved that woman to death, but she pushed him away. I didn’t want to do that to Cory.

“Alia.” I heard Cory yell and I looked over to see him standing by his car looking more angry.

“I think you should tend to Cory, he needs you right now. He could be worried sick right about now. But how about you come to the field tomorrow at around six, I’ll tell you more about my life since you looked so interested.” He said and I smiled from ear to ear.

“You got a meeting. Thanks by the way.”

“No problem.”

I smiled backing away and turn around walking to my car, barely saying a word to Cory. Despite everything Shamar told me, something still wanted me to motivate Cory to play again.

Alright Update Again! Please 10 Comments and i'll update. btw what do you like about Shamar so far? Next Chapter is Charisma and Devin because i miss them lol please vote and comment and share to who would like! - Camisha