13:Finally Trying To Meet Her

*Cory*

*2 Weeks Later*

I finished packing up and was ready to make my way to the college, everything in me was so happy to be finally on my way to college and live the life of an adult. All the things that my older cousins and friends was telling me, made me happy but also nervous for college. Especially college ball, a few alumni’s told me how the upperclassmen was very serious about their positions was like a damn frat, they made the underclassmen do stupid shit to show that they are dedicated to the team. I wasn’t into the hazing type of things and if they made me do some crazy shit, I was going to back down but still be part of the team.

I looked over at my mother and tears was still coming out of her eyes, I knew she was mad heartbroken to see her only son going off to college.

“I’m going to miss you baby boy,” she said and kissed me on the forehead and I smiled trying to hold back the tears.

My mother practically been there for my whole life and I knew that it was going to be a hard time to adapt without my mother. I thank her for everything that she has done, she taught me how to do the things that women were supposed to do and I knew that I was going to be set for college.

“Don’t cry ma, you know I’m going to call you all the time and send tickets wherever I can to make you be right there for my games.”

I gave her a hug and smiled, I truly loved my mom.

I took my suitcase and gave her another kiss on the cheek and walked out to the car, I had to make at least on stop. I suddenly got a tweet noticing that I knew it was from Alia.

@MoreThan_Tweets: Just Stepped Up On Campus Waiting On A Certain Someone #Hint #Hint

I couldn’t help but to smile so damn much just knowing that she was already on campus so I really had to speed this up so I could really see her because I know everything in me wanted to see her.

I put my suitcase in the backseat and drove to the cemetery and parked in front of Alex’s tombstone and still saw the flowers sitting there still full of life and happy.

I leaned down in front of the tombstone and looked at picture of him in his cap and gown smiling hard as hell. I could remember that day when we took those damn pictures and told the photographer about thirty times that I wasn’t going to god damn smile whether it killed me or not but as for Alex I remember him saying one thing that actually made me smile in my cap and gown photo.

“You aint doing this for yourself, you doing this for your mother. I know I want my mom to look at this and smile and be like that’s my baby,” he explained and I smiled.

I look and the tombstone again and I smiled.

“This is it man, I’m off to Miami, never really thought that it would be like this but it happened. I know that I am going to have a hard time dealing with you by my side telling me the good from bad but I know you watching above, hey you could maybe catch the game of heaven TV,” I smiled, cracking a little smile, “Well it’s time to leave the hood and enter the world of college. Until then homie.”