12: Best Graduation Present Ever

*Alia*

I walked down the stairs in my white cap and gown as the family took pictures of me.

“You look so beautiful,” my mom’s twin sister said as she gave me a hug, “You know your mom would be proud of you very much,” she smiled putting the chord around my neck.

I just stared into my aunt’s eyes and smiled. I know my mom would be super happy seeing me walked across the stage and receiving my diploma.

“Auntie Alia, you look pretty,” Cymphonique smiled and I smiled back.

“Thank you,” I looked around through my family scanning over for my daddy, I knew that he was somewhere being a little sad. I know he’s heart broken at the most, I was daddy’s little girl finally going out to the big world.

“Um have you seen my daddy?” I asked, looking around the room.

“He’s upstairs in his room,” my aunt answered.

I dashed back upstairs looking for my dad, I walked in the hallway and could somewhat hear like an organ playing. What depressing things was he listening to? I inched closer to the room and could finally make out what the organ was playing and it was the bridal march. I opened the door and saw my dad sitting there smiling at the TV. He seemed so happy smiling from ear to ear with so much joy in his eyes. I then looked at the screen and saw my mother in a beautiful white gown smiling from ear to ear; it really took a moment for me to realize that that was my mother walking down the isle. Her eyes looked beautiful as honey hazel eyes sparkled in the light.

“Mom looks so beautiful, why did you show me this earlier?” I asked sitting down beside him and he looked at me.

“Oh I didn’t know you were ready,” he said then took a deep breath and looked at the screen, “I only watch this video to remind me that your mother was the beautiful women in my life.”

I smiled at that, I always loved how my father would treat my mother with such respect and love even after she passed away.

I put my head on his shoulder, “I really wish she was here, it just doesn’t feel the same without her here.”

He kissed my forehead and sighed, “I know but that doesn’t mean that she’s watching from above baby girl, we will meet her one day.”

I nodded my head and watched as my dad was at the alter boo hoo crying his heart out which made me snicker just a little.

“What you laughing for?” I asked and I smiled.

“Nothing I’m just looking at you cry like crazy,” I argued and he laughed just a little.

“Hey your mother was a keeper, I was happy that I got her because back then your mother looked and sounded like you and every man wanted her and be with her but she was attracted to me more than anything. Despite her beauty her personality was the best thing that I ever experience ever in my life and I want you to remember this,” he turned to me and looked at me straight in my eyes, “You are beautiful and don’t let no man even tell you otherwise, you have the brains to have a beautiful career too you just have to have the right friends and right mindset and I am happy that my baby girl is graduating just have to get the two little ones to leave,” he joked and I smiled and I got up.

“I promise that I will make the right decisions and everything cause I love daddy, you all I got,” I gave him and hug and tried my best not to cry because I didn’t pick the best to wear the waterproof make up. I let go and looked at him and tears was softly streaming down his face.

I smiled and wiped his tears softly of his face and got up.

“Come on dad, everybody is waiting,” I smiled.

“Hold on, I got to give you something,” I sat back down and my dad got up and walked into the closet and started rummaging through it. I really started wondering as to what he was looking for almost making me late.

He came back and walked out with a little box and a envelope and handed it to me and I looked at him.

“I’ll come back when you finish,” he walked out the room and closed the door behind him and I looked at the black box as it sat in my hand. I looked at the letter and decided to read that first maybe because it was really making me question what it was. I opened it, and I read,

Baby girl, I guess this is the day that you have been waiting for, graduation day. I know I could make this day because god wanted me to be with him but I reminded to write this letter before anything. Now I know that you are a beautiful woman who is smart and joyful like me. I’ve always known that you and you sisters and even your brothers was the apples of my eyes and I never forget that. Whenever something ever happened to you guys I was right there holding you guys in my arms and making things better. Yes things haven’t been going great but let me tell you something when you go to college either out of state or in state and things are going wrong, you get on your knees and pray till you cant pray no more because god will always be there.

My first child, Alia finally graduating and going to live life.

I just want to tell you one thing, don’t leave your father and sisters and forget when you came up from because I’m going to tell you like this, there is going to be a time where you need your family the most. And another thing, I don’t want your father to fall out on love, It might hurt you a little but I want your father to find someone he loves and will take care of him because what god said is till death do we part and you know…I want your father to love someone just like how he loved me.

Now I want you to look in the box unless you’re over anticipated already looked inside.

I looked at the box and opened and saw the beautiful Pandora bracelet sitting there. There was different charms hanging there and I just smiled looking at it then looked at the letter.

Me and your father decided to give you this but it was more of a present from me, to show you wherever, whenever I’m there through spirit. I love you Alia you are really my beautiful baby girl, I love you.

Mom

I looked at the letter holding back the tears and smiling, I really love my mom, and this had to be the best graduation present ever.

So After Ten Days I Finally Upload, A Lot Of Things Have Been Going On With Family On Some Personal Ish And Had To Handle That But I'm Back!!!! Remember 10 Comments And Its A Upload, I'm Sensitive About My Shit *Erykah Badu Voice* Not No Horrible Comments To Dag! Ohhh And Drop A Vote Please!! - Camisha ♥