35: Who Can I Run To

Alia

I rolled daddy in his wheelchair into the house sitting him by the couch and turned on the TV.

“It’s nice to be home,” he said and I smiled, “Now I could get up,” he got up from the wheel chair and sat in his regular sear.

I sat on the armrest of the chair and gave him a hug.

“Thank you so much baby girl, you know I don’t want you staying here, you have school,” he pleaded and I sighed.

I know I didn’t have to but I transferred all my things to university of Miami closer to home to take care of my family.

“I transferred all my things to UM. I care about you guys and Aziza needs an eye on her. I still got my scholarship money to back me up,” I explained and sighed.

He just smiled and kissed me on my cheek, “you one strong woman like your mother, I mean if your mother bailed Aziza she would be greeting her friends with a black eye,” we both laughed, it was true, momma would beat her ass in front of all the officers. Aziza knows better than to act how she is now in front of momma.

“Somebody had to fill the void and handle the certain things that you can’t,” I said and he shook his head and grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

Immediately I saw the UF game and saw Cory’s face plastered on the screen.

“And again Cory Smith makes another touchdown! I’m telling you Dave the kid has a future in the NFL if he keeps this up for the next three years,” he explained and I just looked at him and sighed. It gave me that headache/cramping feeling that I have been having for the past days that I have been here.

I just ran upstairs into my room and fell on my back onto my bed and stared at the ceiling sighing trying my best to hold back tears.

I knew that Cory was angry at me for just leaving him up there without a single phone call and to be honest I didn’t want to tell him especially right during the perfect season that he was having so far.

“Ugh I hate this,” I looked at my wallpaper on my phone of me and him and smiled.

I was going to tell him sooner or later.

My phone started ringing and I saw Leo calling me.

I really had to tell him that Cory was in my life because Leo was more than hypnotizing.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Are you ready my lady?” he said and I couldn’t help but to smile and giggle just a little. He had a small sense of humor.

“To be honest no, I’m thinking, casual or Cas-formal?” I asked and he burst out laughing so hard.