Chapter 31: Flatlined

Demi's POV

"Well..." He started. I was getting more and more anxious every second. "We're not sure."

"You're not sure? You're not sure if she's gonna make it?!" I yelled angrily. He's not sure, what kinda answer is that?

"Ma'am I'm sorry. The thing is, she's lost a lot of blood and it looks like she hasn't eaten or drank anything for at least 48 hours, maybe more. Her body doesn't have the strength to fight."

"Does she have a chance?" I still have a little hope in me.

"Yes, a very small one. How about I leave you alone for a little while. Press the red button next to her bed if you need anything." He said before exiting the room. My mom pulled a chair over next to me and sat down. Eddie took Madison and Dallas home after a little while but Marissa and my mom stayed. Hours went by and nothing's changed, I was starting to doubt she would wake up. "We should go home. You can come back in the morning." My mom suggested.

"No! I'm not leaving! What if she wakes up? I have to be here for her."

"The doctor will call if anything happens."

"I'm not leaving." I said sternly.

"Don't worry Diana, go home and rest. I'll stay here with Demi." Marissa budded in.

"Are you sure?" My mom questioned.

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll call you in the morning. Love you!" My mom said before she kissed my forehead and left. Marissa took her place in the chair next to me. "She's a fighter, like you. She'll make it." She said trying to give me hope. I laid my head on Marissa's shoulder.

"But what if she doesn't? I'll never find anyone like her. She was perfect, I love her." Marissa looked a little confused. Shit, um I never told anyone about our kiss. "Oh yeah..we kinda kissed.." I added.

"AWWW DEMI THAT'S SO CUTE!" She yelled. I couldn't help but laugh. "I missed your smile. I was worried it wouldn't come back." She said. We talked for a little while and went in twitter. But we eventually fell asleep in the chairs around midnight. I woke up to a loud beeping. I lifted my head off Marissa's shoulder while my eyes adjusted. What's going on? A few lights were blinking on Winter's monitors. My eyes quickly shot open and I was no longer tired when I saw Winter's heart monitor had flatlined. I hit the red button multiple times and the doctor and some nurses ran in. Marissa had woken up from all the commotion. "Get them out of the room!" The doctor ordered one of the nurses. She ran over to us.

"Lady's you have to leave."

"What?! No! I'm not going anywhere! What's going on?! What are they doing to her!!" I yelled noticing all the machines and tools they were bringing in.

"You can't be in here, please go in the waiting room." Marissa grabbed my hand and basically dragged me out. We stopped outside of the room when I grabbed onto her and sobbed into her shoulder. She rubbed circles on my back but it didn't calm me down. I saw them all surrounding Winter through the glass. They were yelling things at each other and giving directions. Marissa brought me to the waiting room, away from Winter's room. We stayed out there for the rest of the night. No one told us anything about how Winter was doing. Marissa managed to dose off but I couldn't sleep. Around 6 my mom called and I told her what happened. She wanted to come down right then but she had to bring Maddie to school at 8. The doctor finally came out a little while later to tell me the news.

--------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late update. I had a really awful and rough week. Hope you liked the chapter and please comment and vote! (Again it's unedited because I didn't have time to get on the computer and proof read, I just wanted to post it as soon as possible so I apologize for any mistake)