Chapter 29: I can't lose you

Winter's POV

I'm in excruciating pain. The handcuffs were pulling at my skin. Some blood was dripping down my arms. And I actually wished I had food. I'm so hungry. I'm dying slowly. I wish Wilmer would kill me now and put me out of my misery, I heard banging and yelling then the next thing I know, I hear Demi's angelic voice calling my name. I called back but I could barely speak. My voice was quiet. I doubt she heard me. She yelled louder. I gave everything I had and called back, "Demi..Demi I'm over here.." It wasn't much but she heard me. I called her name again so she could find me. I heard something scraping the floor and then footsteps. My eyelids were getting heavy. My wrists were hurting so bad along with the rest of my body. Is this it? Is this the end for me?

Demi's POV

The door unlocked and I quickly opened it. What was in front of me made my mouth drop. I gasped while I looked at Winter, blood dripping down her arms as she hung from a hook in the ceiling. I ran over to her. "Winter! Oh my god! I'm going to get your down from there!" I was panicking. I lifted her up so the handcuffs came off the hook. She couldn't stand on her own so she collapsed into my arms. I wasn't ready for it so I almost fell back but I regained my balance. I picked her up, bridal style, and started to carry her down the hall. "D-Demi?" She said quietly.

"I'm right here baby, I got you." I said as I slipped out from behind the bookshelf. I made my way up the stairs as I glanced down at Winter and saw her eyes starting to close. "No no, Winter keep your eyes open. You have to stay awake." I sped up as I got to the top of the stairs. I walked out of that room and into the living room where the front door is. Luckily I left it open. Winter closed her eyes all the way. "Winter, baby open your eyes. You have to stay awake, we're almost outside."

"I-I can't."

"You have to. You can't fall asleep. Just stay with me." I got outside and sat on the steps. I laid Winter in my lap and she rested her head on my chest. I pulled out my phone and called for an ambulance. While in the phone I watched Winter to make sure se didn't fall asleep. I hung up the phone. They said they should be here in about 10 minutes. I just have to keep Winter awake for that long. Every time she closed her eyes I was worried she wouldn't open them again. Five minutes passed and she was still awake. She closed her eyes and didn't open them. "Winter!" I said sounding panicked. She barely opened her eyes and looked at me. "Winter you have to stay with me. Don't fall asleep. Help is on the way, they'll be here any minute. Just try to stay awake. I'm not losing you, not now, not ever." I said as I began to cry. I could feel her shaking in my arms. I took off my sweatshirt and put it over her. I heard sirens down the street. Oh thank god. I waved my arm as they came into sight. They pulled over and jumped out of the car. One of them ran to me and the other one ran to get the gurney out of the back. The paramedic examined the broken Winter in my lap as the other one came over. They lifted her onto the gurney and brought her over to the back of the ambulance. I kissed her on the forehead before they lifted her into the back. One of the paramedics got in with her. "I'll meet you at the hospital! I love you Winter!" I said before they closed the door. I followed them there. I parked in the parking lot and they drove around back. I ran in but they said I had to stay in the waiting room until the doctor said I could go in.

---------------------------------------------
Will Winter make it? Comment what you think, what you like, and what you want!! I'll update as soon as possible! Thanks for reading, remember the more comments and votes I get the faster I'll update! I have all next week off from school so expect a lot of updates!