Chapter 37: I'm okay

Winter's POV

The costumer handed me the money and walked to the pick up line. I was putting their money in the register when I heard my name, "Winter?" I stopped what I was doing and looked up at them. Oh my god.

"Marissa? Y-you remember me?" I said in disbelief.

"Of course, I never forgot." I couldn't help myself, I ran out from behind the counter and gave her a big hug. I started crying on her shoulder.

"I miss you and Demi and just everyone else so much." I sobbed into her shoulder. I pulled away. "What are you doing here?" I said as I wiped my tears.

"I came to see you."

"Let's go sit down. Kate can you cover me?" I asked one of the workers.

"Sure!" She replied. Me and Marissa sat at one of the table by the window.

"We all thought you were dead." Marissa said.

"Why would you think that?"

"It's been months and the hospital never called Demi."

"They lost her number and the stupid phone company shut off my phone so I lost all my contacts."

"I'm just so glad you're okay. I'm going to call Demi." Marissa pulled out her phone. "I don't have good signal in here. When is your shift over?"

"In 2 hours."

"Okay I'll come back then and you can come to my place. It'll just be me and you because my parents will be working." Marissa left and I went back to work.

**2 hours later**

I clocked out and changed out of my uniform. I grabbed all my stuff from the back room and went outside. Marissa gave me her number earlier so I texted her. 'Where are you?'

'There was an accident so there's some traffic. Sorry, I'll be there as soon as I can.' I went back inside because it was too windy to stand outside for a while. Marissa showed up about 10 minutes later. At her house, we were sitting on the couch and Marissa went upstairs to grab her laptop. She brought it back down and set it up on the coffee table. She skyped Demi, as it was calling she said to me, "Go stand over there. I want to surprise her!" I nodded and stood next to the couch, off camera.

"Hey Rissa!" Demi's voice rang through my head. I felt my eyes tear up. Oh god I miss her voice so much.

"Hey I uh got a surprise for you."

"Ooooh tell me tell me tell me!!!" Demi begged. She's so fucking adorable I just want to be in her arms again.

"Wouldn't it be better if I showed you?" Marissa motioned for me to come over. I walked over and sat down so Demi could see me now.

"Hey Demi, I'm okay." I said as I began to cry. She's even more beautiful than when I last saw her, is that even possible?

"Winter? Oh my god baby you're alive!" Demi started crying too."

"Don't cry, it's okay."

"I just, I just miss you so much!"

"I miss you too. I'm so sorry I never called, the hospital lost your number and my stupid phone company shutoff my phone and I lost all my contacts."

"I'm flying down to see you."

"No Demi, you have shows to do. Wait until you have a few days off. We'll just skype until then."

"Fine."

"I like you're new hair by the way, it's kinda really hot." Demi laughed. Her laugh is the best, I missed hearing.

"Ugh I wanna kiss you so bad." Demi said.

"Ookaay I'm gonna go wait in the kitchen and give you two love birds sometime." Marissa said as she stood up and went into the kitchen.

"Actually I should get going. I really to take a nice shower and get some sleep. I've been living in my car, it's kinda gross and uncomfortable."

"Okay. Do you have your phone back so I can text you?"

"Yeah and it's the same number."

"Okay, bye I love you."

"I love you too." We both hung up. "Marissa we're done, you can come back in now." I shouted. Marissa came in. "Can I use your shower?"

"Of course, down the hall, first door on the left. I'll grab you some towels and you can use my shampoo and stuff." Marissa gave me two towels and I took a shower. Feels so much better to be clean. I went to sleep pretty early because barely got any sleep in my car.

---------------------------------------------
Yay update! Okay I'll try to update by or on Saturday! Thanks for reading and voting and remember the more comments, the more and faster I'll write!!(I didn't edit because I'm at school so sorry for any mistakes) Stay strong lovelies xoxo