Chapter 50: Pizza

Winter's POV

Demi and I went downstairs. "You alright?" Max asked. I just nodded in response. I followed Demi into the kitchen. "Do you have any medicine I can take to make my head stop hurting?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sit at the table, I'll get you something." I sat at the table watching Demi get me medicine and a glass of water. She placed a glass of water infront of me along with two pills.

"Thanks babe," I said as I took the pills. "Need some help with lunch?" I asked.

"No thanks. I got it."

"You sure? I've heard you're not the best cook."

"Oh please, I'll be fine. I just have to heat the pizza in the oven. It can't be that hard."

"Okay, I'll be in the living room with Max. Shout if you need me. "

"I won't need you, but okay." I grabbed my glass of water and brought it to the living room with me. I sat down on the couch next to Max. He flipped through the channels until he found something we both wanted to watch.

About 20 minutes later, Max and I heard a loud noise come from the kitchen. "SHIT!" Demi yelled. Max and I immediatley got up and ran to Demi. "What happened?! Are you okay?!" Max asked.

"I burned myself on the hot pan!" Demi screamed.

"Come over here," I said as I directed Demi to the sink. I turned on the faucet and Demi put her hand under the cold water. After her skin was cooled, I took some burn cream out of the first aid kit for her. "Put this on, it'll help." Demi did as I said. "Does it feel better now?"

"Yes," she said in a little kid voice.

"Go sit at the table with Max. I'll serve lunch for us."

"Thanks babe." Demi gave me a quick kiss on the lips before walking away into the dining room. I let the pizza cool off a little before cutting it into slices. I grabbed three small and one big plate out of the cabinet. I put the pizza on the big one. Then I took the big plate in one hand and the stack of small plates in the other. I walked into the dining room, careful not to drop anything. When I entered the dining room, Demi quickly stood up, "be careful! Let me help you!"

"No, I got it. Sit down." Demi did as I said. I gently placed the pizza in the center of the table before handing a smaller plate to everyone. "Lunch is served!" I said with a fancy tone of voice. Demi and Max giggled. I sat down and we all started eating.

I only ate one slice but Demi was too busy devouring half of the pizza to notice.

When we were done, Max offered to clean the dishes but Demi and I took care of it. After they were clean, Demi, Max, and I went to the living room to watch a movie.

--------------------------------------------
Sorry this is a shitty chapter. Next one will be better, I promise! I'm writing on my phone right now because I'm in my workout place waiting for my instructor to finish the class she's doing now. Please vote and leave a suggestion for the story in the comments! Thanks for reading!