Chapter 48: Anxiety

Demi's POV

Winter and I sat together in the living room. She was laying down with her head on my lap as I brushed my fingers through my hair. After about 15 minutes, there was a knock on the door. I felt Winter jump a little. "Shhh baby, it's probably just Max." I gave Winter a quick kiss on the forehead before getting up and going to the door. When I opened it, Max came right inside. "Are you both okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Winter's just a bit shaken up."

"Where is she?"

"In the living room." I shut the front door and led Max to Winter. He bent down in front of her as I sat next to her.

"How you holding up?" He asked. Winter just shrugged. "Well um, I'm gonna stay here to keep you safe until Wilmer's back behind bars." The room became silent.

"Um..you guys wanna go out for lunch?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence. Winter shot me a terrified look. "Don't worry, baby. Max will come with us, you'll be fine."

"Yeah, Demi and I won't let anyone hurt you." Max added.

"Why don't you two just go." Winter suggested.

"I'm not leaving you here alone. I'll just go out and bring something home for us." I grabbed my phone and wallet as Max called one of his friends to go with me incase any fans spot and crowd me. Once Max's friend pulled in the driveway, I hopped in the passenger seat and we drove to the grocery store.

Winter's POV

Demi went to get lunch but I can't eat right now, I'm too anxious. "I'm gonna go to my room." I announced so Max would know. My voice was dull, no emotion came through. I stood up and wandered upstairs. I entered my bedroom and locked the door behind me, I don't want to be bothered right now. I laid on my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Wilmer he's still out there. He could come and get me at any moment. The more I thought about it, the faster my breathing got. Oh no, I could feel my hands starting to shake and my heart was beating faster and faster. Shit, I'm having a panic attack. I stood up but immediately sat back down when dizziness took over. I felt like the room was closing in, I couldn't breath. I have to go get Max. I got up again, doing the best I could to ignore the dizziness that rushed over me. I walked towards the door with my wobbly legs as my vision began to get blurrier. I fell to my knees as I got closer to the door. I tried to yell out to Max but when I opened my mouth, nothing came out. It was getting harder and harder for me to breath every second. And soon enough, I passed out.

--------------------------------------------
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was completely out of ideas for what to write. But I have an idea for the next few chapters so it shouldn't take me as long to update. Please comment some ideas for the story because I'm having some major writers block and I always save any ideas I get so I can look at them when I'm about to write another chapter. Thanks for voting and reading!