Chapter 56: Mistakes

Winter's POV

After the most awkward and uncomfortable date I've ever had, we finally went out to the car. "How was it?" Max asked as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

"Fine." Demi answered, her voice was low and dry.

"Just fine?" 

"Yeah. Just fine." Demi said between clenched teeth.

"Is everything okay? Max asked as he glanced at me through the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, we're just uh, just tired." I lied with a toothless smile. I think Max got the hint that something was wrong because he just put on the radio and stayed silent for the rest of the ride. When we got home, I went to our room before Demi could get there. I grabbed all of my stuff that I could carry and headed back downstairs. Demi was standing at the bottom of the stairs with her arms crossed. As soon as she saw me, she stomped up the stairs, pushing right passed me. "We'll talk tomorrow!" I heard her yell before she slammed her door shut. I continued down the stairs and dropped my stuff on the couch. I suppose I'll be living down here for a little while.

"What happened between you two? You were fine before you got into the restaurant." I heard Max say as I was spreading my blanket across the couch.

"I don't want to talk about it." I didn't bother to look up at him

"But Winter-"

"Just drop it, Max." My voice was louder than before.

"No, I'm not going to just drop it. I have't seen Demi this mad in a long time. I'm worried about her, I need to know what happened." 

"I fucked up! Okay, are you happy now? I said it! I fucked up! I fucked up real bad!" The house fell silent. Max just turned around and went back to his room. I took off my dress and threw on some sweatpants and a tee shirt before placing myself between my sheets.

Demi's POV

I heard Max and Winter talking downstairs. When I'd heard enough, I changed into my pajamas and wiped off my makeup. Laying in bed, I scrolled through twitter on my phone until my eyelids began to get heavy. I placed my phone on it's charger and went to sleep.

---

Max woke me from my peaceful sleep the next morning. I grumbled and pulled the sheet over my head. "Demi," He whispered. "Winter's gone, do you want me to go find her?" 

"No, I don't care. She'll come back." I mumbled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Max. Now let me go back to sleep." I heard him shut my door and go downstairs. It didn't take me long to fall back asleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked this chapter. As always, please comment and let me know what you think of this chapter and let me know if there's anything you would like to see happen in the story. I'll include as many suggestions/requests as I can. 

Thanks for reading and voting!