Chapter 9: The beginning of a bad habit

Demi's POV

When I pulled up to Winter's house, Winter ran inside and down the hall. I heard a door slam shut. I ran down the hall to her bedroom. I attempted to turn the knob but it was locked. I knocked on the door. "Winter, sweetie can you please unlock the door?" I said gently. She didn't answer. I feel so bad for her. She lost both her parents in less that 3 hours. "Winter please let me in." I said. I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door. The knob turned and the door opened. Winter was standing there. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I pulled into a hug and she sobbed into my shoulder. I held her until she calmed down. She let go, "You don't actually have to take care of me. My dad won't know, and I'll be fine. You can go, if you want." She said.

"No it's ok. I want to be here for you."

"You have concerts and your tour coming up. Your famous, you don't want to be hanging out with a worthless loser like me."

"You're right. I don't" I said. Winter looked up at me, shocked at what I had just said. "I want to hang out with an amazing, beautiful girl."

"Then you better go find one."

"I already did. Her names Winter."

"Really? How many Winter's do you know?"

"Just one."

"You know my names Winter, right?"

"I know."

"So if this amazing, beautiful girl you're talking about's name is Winter, you know two Winters."

"Stop playing games! You know I'm talking about you!" Winter and I laughed.

"I wanted to see how long I could go." Winter said.

"Let's go get something to eat." I suggested.

"No thanks. I'm not hungry. But I really gotta pee!" Winter said as she ran to the bathroom. I just laughed.

"Thanks for making the announcement."

"Anytime." Winter said as she closed the bathroom door. I went into her room and laid on her bed. I looked at the posters of me. They're kind of creeping me out. I went into the living room and laid on the couch instead.

Winter's POV

I shut and locked the bathroom door. I didn't really have to go, I just wanted to be alone for a minute. I looked in the mirror and noticed the makeup all over my face from crying. I rinsed it all off. I noticed how much my eyes look like my moms. I started to cry a little. I just can't believe I lost my parents so quickly. I wiped my tears. I can't just keep crying! I need to take out my pain another way. I remember a year ago when I cut for the first time. But it's been a year, I can't ruin that. Well maybe I could, just once. No one has to know. My blades in my room, I can't go get it. I noticed my razor on the counter. I put it on the floor and stomped on it. I bent down and picked up the blade, I sat on the closed toilet seat, rolled up my sweatshirt sleeve and put the shiny cold blade on my wrist. I looked up at the door, making sure it was locked, Then I slid the blade across my wrist. It stung but it actually felt good. I watched the blood run down my arm and drip onto the floor. I don't know why i ever stopped last year. I made another cut and another. It felt so good. I heard Demi knock on the door. "Are you alright in there?" She asked. "Yep. I'm fine." I replied. I stood up and washed my arm. I put some band-aids over my cuts and pulled my sleeve over them. I can't let Demi find out about this. She's cut before. If she finds out she'll be so disappointed in me. She won't want to be friends anymore. I cleaned up the blood on the floor before going out to the living room where Demi is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for 200+ reads! It means so much to me! Please vote and comment if you want me to continue writing!