Chapter 4: The secret

Winter's POV

"That must be one of my parents." I said. Demi and I stood up and were about to walk out of my room when she saw something on my desk, one of my blades. She picked it up.

"Winter, what's this?" She asked, almost in disbelief about what she was holding.

"Um nothing, it's nothing." I said quickly as I took the blade from her hand and put it in one of my drawers. Demi looked at my wrist.

"Can I.." she said as she took hold of one of my arms. She slowly started to push my sleeve up, before she could see anything, my bedroom door opened. She let go and I pulled my arm back to me. I've only cut once..I'm not addicted. I haven't done it for a year. But I keep my blade, just in case.

"Hey Winter, I'm home!" My mom said cheerfully. "Who's your friend?" She asked. Demi turned around.

"Hi, I'm Demi." She said.

"Demi? You look familiar." My mom said, she looked at my posters then back at Demi and her mouth dropped. "You're Demi Lovato." My mom said in shock.

"Yes, nice to meet you." Demi said as she giggled. "Winter and I are friends. We just met today while she was working."

"That's wonderful! Well you are welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like."

"Ok thank you." Demi said. My mom left the room. Demi shut the door then looked back at me. She took my arm in her hand again and rolled up my sleeve.

"Winter...why?" She asked as her eyes started to water.

"I-I don't want to talk about it." I said as I pulled my arm away and rolled up my sleeve."I'm sorry." I said quietly. Demi didn't say anything. We stood there in silence for a few minutes. I heard the front door open again. A smile appeared on my face, "DAD!!!" I yelled as I ran out of my room. I ran to the living room and into my dads arms, he lifted me off the ground. I love him so much. I've always been more of a daddy's girl. He put me down and I saw Demi smiling at us. "Dad, this is my new friend. Her name is Demi." I said

"Nice to meet you." My dad said.

"Nice to meet you, too" Demi replied.

"Me and Demi are going for a walk. We'll be back in a little while." I said. "Love you!" I shouted before leaving the house with Demi.

"You really love your family, don't you?" Demi said.

"I love them so much. They're basically all I have. I don't know what I'd do without them." I said. Demi and I walked around for a little while. It started getting dark. "We should head back." I said. Demi agreed and we started walking back to my house. When we got there, we went inside and my mom had dinner on the table. We all sat down and ate. After dinner, Demi had Max come pick her up from my house. After she left I went in my room and layed on my bed, just staring at my Demi posters. I can't believe I'm friends with her, it just seems so unreal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT! I KNOW IT'S KIND OF BORING BUT DON'T WORRY, SOMETHING BIG IS GOING TO HAPPEN AND IT WILL GET MORE INTERESTING!