Chapter 49: Panic Attack

Demi's POV

I just bought two frozen pizzas. When I got home, I thanked Max's friend for helping out before he left. I went inside and saw Max sitting on the couch watching TV. "Where's Winter?" I asked as I walked past Max into the kitchen.

"She went up to her room after you left." I put the pizza on the table and set the oven to preheat.

"I'm going to go check on her. If the oven beeps, can you put the pizza in?" I asked.

"Yeah sure."

"Thanks." I walked up the stairs and noticed Winter was in her room, that's strange because she usually hangs out and sleeps in my room. I knocked on her door, I didn't hear anything on the other side. "Winter? Winter, it's me Demi." Still nothing. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I was starting to get worried. "Max! Max come quick!" I yelled. I heard Max run up the stairs.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he ran next to me.

"Winter..s-she won't answer! A-and her door, it's locked!"

"Step back." Max directed. I did as he said and watched as he kicked the door multiple times. After a few kicks, we heard the lock break. Max immediately placed his hand on the door knob and flung the door open. We both saw Winter passed out on the floor. I ran passed Max and fell to my knees next to Winter. I pulled her onto my lap and tried to wake her up. "Winter? Winter, can you hear me? Baby open your eyes for me." I kept shaking her. I grabbed her hand and felt her squeeze it. "That's it, baby girl." I saw her eyes open and I looked up at Max, "I'll be downstairs," he whispered. I nodded and he walked away.

"Demi?" Winter asked as her eyes adjusted to the light.

"I'm right here. Can you tell me what you remember?"

"I-I was on my bed, just thinking..and my heart started racing. I tried to get to the door but I blacked out before I could."

"Were you thinking about Wilmer?"

Winter just nodded.

"I think you had a panic attack."

"Yeah but..I almost never have them. Why did I just have one now?"

"I guess what's been going on is enough to trigger one for you." Winter sat up a little.

"My head hurts."

"You probably hit it pretty hard when you passed out. Let me make it feel better." I gently kissed the back of her head. "Better?" I asked.

"Better."

"Come on, let's go downstairs. I'm making pizza!" I helped Winter up and we both went downstairs.

--------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is kinda short. I just wanted to get something written and posted. I hope you like this chapter, please vote and comment. I love reading your comments so please let me know what you like and would like to see happen later in the story! Thanks for reading! :)