Chapter 19: Wilmer

Demi's POV

When I woke up, I rolled over and looked at the clock. It was 10am. I went downstairs and made breakfast. I didn't bother waking Winter up, I think she needs some sleep. I watched tv for a few hours. It was now 1pm. Winter still hasn't gotten up. I got off the couch and walked upstairs. As I approached Winter's door I heard crying coming from the other side. I knocked. "Winter, can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah, just give me a minute." Her voice cracked near the end of the sentence. My poor baby, why is she crying? Wait did I just call her baby? Am I getting feelings for her? No no, I can't be. I'm straight, I have a thing for Wilmer. Right? Yeah. Yeah I'm into guys not girls. My thinking was interrupted when I heard the door open. Winter was standing in front of me, still in her pajamas. Her hair was tangled and messy and her eyes were red and a little puffy from crying. I didn't say anything, I just hugged her. She started crying again. I let go and grabbed her hand. I walked her back to her bed and we both sat down. "I'm so s-sorry." She said in between sobs.

"For what?"

"For last night. I should've come to you. I'm such an idiot for doing it."

"No, no you're not. Winter you obviously have a mental illness. None of this is your fault." She just kept crying. I hugged her again and she cried into my shoulder. I rubbed her back to try to calm her down and it worked. She let go of me and wiped her tears. Seeing her like this broke my heart. Maybe I do have some feelings for her. But I like Wilmer. I think..I don't know anymore. I heard my phone ringing downstairs. "I'll be right back." I said before running down stairs. I jumped on the couch and grabbed my phone. "Hello?" I said.

"Hey babe." It's Wilmer.

"Hey what's up?"

"Wanna go get some lunch with me?" He asked. I looked at the stairs, thinking if I should leave Winter home alone or not.

"Umm can I call you back? I need to check something."

"Sure." I hung up. I ran back up stairs and walked into Winter's room.

"Who was that?" Winter asked as I sat next to her on the bed.

"Wilmer. He wants me to go to lunch with him."

"Are you going to go?"

"I don't know, I don't want to leave you alone."

"It's fine, you should go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Go have fun. I'll be fine." She said as she flashed me a small smile.

"Alright. But text or call me if you need me or if you're going somewhere."

"Okay mom." She giggled. I got off the bed and walked towards the door.

"See you later!" I said as I smiled at her. I grabbed a sweatshirt and a purse from my room then went downstairs. I texted Wilmer, 'Meet me at Olive Garden.' I got a fast response.

'I'm on my way.' I grabbed my keys off the hook and went out to my car. I started it up and drove off.

----------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading! And thanks for all the votes! Please keep commenting what you think and what you want to happen, you can also message me anytime to suggest something for the story or just to say hello :) Again thanks for reading and I'll update again really soon!