Chapter 46: Knock Knock

Demi's POV

I can't believe I didn't notice Winter was in so much pain. "Can I see?" I asked her.

"See what?" She knew what I meant. She's just trying to put it off.

"You know..you're arms." Winter didn't move. I gently put a hand on each of her arms. She stiffened up at first but then let me take them. I turned so my body was completely facing her.

"Why?" She asked before I started rolling up her sleeves.

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to see?"

"Because I want to know how many times you needed me and I wasn't there." I answered as my voice cracked and tears began streaming down my face. I kissed every single cut and scar on Winter's arms. I could hear her quietly sobbing. I placed my lips on the last scar before I sat back up. I engulfed her in a hug and we stayed like that for a while. I felt Winter's breath steady and her body relaxed in my arms. I gently moved her so she was laying down. I kissed her forehead before pulling a blanket over her body, up to her shoulders. I let Winter sleep for a little while I went into the kitchen and made breakfast. I made a few pancakes. I ate two and put the rest in the fridge for Winter to have when she wakes up.

For the next hour I watched the I.D. channel. After a few episodes of my favorite show, I went back into the bedroom to check on Winter. When I opened the door and walked in, I saw her laying on her side, scrolling through twitter on her phone. I layed next to her, put my arm around her and rested my head on her shoulder so I could see her phone. "Anything interesting?" I asked.

"No, not really." I reached and grabbed my phone off the side table. I logged on to twitter and went through my mentions. I saw someone tweeted me a picture of Winter and I kissing at my concert. "Awww! Look how cute we are!" I said as I showed Winter the picture and retweeted it.

After going through a few more of my mentions I logged off of twitter, but Winter was still on. I gently reached over and grasped her phone, pulling it out of her hand. I put it on the side table behind me along with mine. "I made pancakes. There's a few in the fridge if you want some."

"Okay." She said quietly, almost like a whisper.

"I can heat them up and bring them in here if you want."

"I'm not really hungry."

"Please? You haven't eaten all morning."

"No. Demi I-"

"Please, just something small." I didn't even give her time to argue about it. I hopped off the bed and skipped over to her side, grabbing both her hands and pulling her up on her feet. I stood behind her with my hands on her sides and lead her into the kitchen, pushing her gently. I pulled out a chair for her by the kitchen table and she at down. I walked over to the fridge and opened it, taking the pancakes out. I took them out of the bag and put them on a plate before putting them in the microwave for about a minute.

When the microwave beeped, I took the pancakes out. I made three. I put two on a plate for Winter and put the other one on a plate for me. I put the plates on the table as I sat across from Winter. I was pretty full from the pancakes I had a little bit earlier but I thought if I ate too, it would make Winter a little more comfortable. "Just try to eat one." I said encouragingly. I took a few bites of my pancake as Winter thoroughly chewed her first piece. I tried to slow down my eating so she didn't feel pressured to eat faster.

She finished her first pancake a little after me. "Okay I'm done." She pushed her plate towards me. I smiled at her. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked.

"Because I'm proud of you for finishing a whole pancake. I know it seems like a lot for you."

"It took me forever to finish it though." She said softly as she looked down at the floor. She always finds a way to doubt and put herself down.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." Winter lifted her head slightly so I could just barely see her eyes looking into mine. "That doesn't matter. What matters is that you finished." I wiped off our plates and put them in the dishwasher. Winter and I went and sat in the living room and watched TV. She was laid her head in my shoulder and I had my arm around her.

After only a few minutes of sitting, there was a few knocks on the door. "I'll get it." I announced. Winter shifted herself so I could get up. I walked to the door, unlocking and opening it. My mouth dropped open when I saw the person standing in front of me.

---------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever!! It's the last few weeks of school and my teachers are loading us with a lot of work and projects. I've been writing small bits in between homework but today I stayed home because I feel really sick so I had the time to just sit down and write! So I hope you liked this chapter and if you did please vote and leave a comment! Tell me what you liked and what you want to see! You can also message me ideas or just to say hi :) thanks for reading!