Chapter 7: The Hospital

Winter's POV

I was bawling on the floor. I looked up at the bed. My dad lied there, he was hooked up to a bunch of machines. He was covered in bruises and scrapes and it looks like he has a lot of broken bones. I removed Demi's arms from around me and stood up. I walked over to my dad's bed side. Demi came and stood next to me. "I'm so sorry.." She said. I looked up and saw tears in her eyes. A doctor walked in. "You must be Winter, I'm Dr. Scott, your father's doctor." He said.

"How is he?" I asked while biting my bottom lip, trying to hold back my tears.

"He has 3 broken ribs, a broken arm, and a torn ligament in his leg. He also hit his head very hard in the crash so he might have a concussion." I started crying as Demi hugged me.

"Is he going to be okay?" Demi asked the doctor as she still held me.

"We don't know yet. We're waiting for him to wake up."

"Where's my mom?" I asked whilst letting go of Demi and wiping away my tears.. Dr. Scott looked nervously at the ground.

"Where is she?" I asked again as tears refilled my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Winter.." Dr Scott said quietly. "She didn't make it." I didn't say anything. I didn't cry. I just stood there, emotionless. I didn't know what to do. My mom's dead. She's gone, I'll never talk to her again. Dr. Scott gave Demi a look to say 'I'll leave you two alone'. Demi understood and nodded. I sat down in a chair and Demi knelt in front of me, "Winter, I'm so sorry. I-" I started crying and she immediately stopped talking and held me. I cried for a while until I heard a soft voice say, "Winter?" Demi let go of me and I looked up, it was my dad! I quickly stood up and ran next to the bed. "Demi go get the doctor!" I said. Demi nodded and left the room. I hugged my dad. He groaned in pain. I quickly let go, "Sorry!" I said. He chuckled.

"It's alright kiddo."

"I'm so glad your okay."

"How's your mother?" He asked.

"Oh.." I looked at the ground. "She didnt make it.." A tear rolled down my dad's cheek. We both started crying. Demi walked in with the doctor and I wiped the tears off my dad's face.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Sore." My dad replied.

"Well I'm glad you're awake." Dr. Scott checked all the machines and my dads chart. "Winter, Demi, could you excuse us for a second." He asked. "Sure." Demi said. She grabbed my hand and we left the room. Dr. Scott came out a few minutes later with a sad look on his face. "What's going on?" I asked worriedly.