Chapter 3: The beginning of a friendship

Demi's POV

I felt terrible about getting Winter fired. I got her address from one of her co workers and had Max drop me off at her apartment. I knocked on the door and Winter answered it, "What do you want?" She asked. Her eyes were red and puffy, she must have been crying. "I came to apoligize for getting you fired."

"Oh.."

"I feel really bad about it. Can I come in?"

"Uh sure." Winter led me to the couch. We both sat down.

"I'm going to get you your job back! I promise!" I said.

"No, its ok. I hated that job."

"Really? Then why didn't you quit?"

"Because I need the money. This shitty apartment is where I live. My parents live here too. We can barely afford the place." Winter said. Now I feel even worse. I reached in my purse for a check.

"How much do you need?" I asked.

"Demi, I appreciate the offer but I don't want your money."

"Please take it. I feel so bad for making you lose your job." I said.

"No, really its ok." Winter insisted. I wasn't going to push her. I slipped the check into my pocket.

"Can I use your restroom?" I asked.

"Sure. It's right over there." Winter said as she pointed to an open door on the other side of the room.

"Thanks." I said. Winter nodded. I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I didn't really have to go, I just needed a minute alone. I still feel so bad about what happened. I wish I could make it up to her somehow. I looked in the mirror, wait a minute; I'm Demi Lovato and she's a lovatic! I could invite her to one of my concerts. I walked out of the bathroom and didn't see Winter on the couch. "Winter?" I called.

"In here!" I heard her call from down the hall. I walked to the last room. I saw Winter sitting on her bed. She patted a spot next to her and I went and sat down. I looked to left and saw a wall covered in posters of me!

"I like your posters!" I said. Winter looked over and her face turned completely red.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so embarrassed!" She said as she covered her face.

"Don't be! It's ok, I think it's cute!" I said. I noticed a jar of cash on her bureau.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"I'm saving up for something special." She said with a big smile.

"Tell meeee!" I begged.

"Fine. I was saving up for concert tickets"

"What concert?" Winter looked over at her wall of posters, then back at me.

"Well? Are you gonna tell me what concert?" I asked. Winter started laughing.

"Your concert!" She said. I starting laughing too.

"You know I'm doing a concert tomorrow, right?" I asked.

"Duh of course I know!"

"Do you want to come?"

"Yes! But I don't have enough money." She said in a sad tone.

"I could get you in if you want." I said.

"Really?!" Winter asked, her eyes were full of excitement.

"Yes!"

"Thank you so much!" Winter said as she began to cry.

"Aw don't cry!"

"These are happy tears, it's been my dream for a long time to see you live!" Winter said. I couldn't help but hug her.

"Can I see your phone real quick?" I asked.

"Sure!" Winter said as she handed me her phone. I put in my number.

"There." I said as I handed her phone back to her. Her mouth dropped.

"Y-you gave me your number?" She stuttered out in shock. I nodded with a smile.

"Yep. Aren't friends supposed to exchange numbers?" I asked.

"Friends?"

"Yes, friends." Winter hugged me and began to cry again.

"Thank you." She said quietly. She let go as we heard the front door open.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!