Chapter 21: Lies

Demi's POV

Wilmer and I went into his house. I'm really mad at Winter. I wished she just talked to me instead of making up some stupid lie. But it was kind of believable. I mean, why would she make that up? And she seemed really upset. Maybe he did kiss her. I feel bad for leaving her now, what if she was telling the truth? I feel awful. She's probably crying because I stormed out.

"Demi? Earth to Demetria." Wilmer said as he snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? Uh ya sorry."

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking."

"About what?" He asked as he lifted my chin so I was looking at him.

"Nothing."

"You know I didn't kiss her. You believe me, right?"

"Yeah. I just don't know why she would make up something like that." I just can't stop thinking about it. I wonder what she's doing at home. Is she okay? I've really connected to her. I think I'm actually falling for her. I know this is so sudden but, I do love her. But what about Wilmer? Just as I thought that, he leaned in and touched our lips together. It didn't feel right. I don't love him anymore. And his lips tasted like..cherries..or maybe it's strawberries. Weird. I haven't kissed him today and he doesn't wear flavored lip balm or anything. I pulled away. "You bastard!" I yelled.

"Demi? What the hell has gotten into you?"

"You taste like strawberries! Like..like the strawberries lip balm Winter let me borrow the other day! You did kiss her!"

"I'm sorry okay! It wasn't supposed to happen. It was an accident!"

"Oh so you accidently kissed my friend." There was a minute of silence. "Oops look, I accidently just dumped you. Bye Wilmer." I grabbed my stuff and walked out the door. I got in my car and drove home. I ran inside and saw Winter sitting on the floor, sobbing into her hands. "Baby.." I said quietly as I knelt next to her. She looked up.

"What do you want? Did you come back to yell at me and acuse me of lying again." She asked angrily.

"No, I made a mistake. You were right, I should've believed you. I'm sorry."

"How did you find out?"

"He tasted like your lip balm." A small giggle escaped her lips. She wiped the tears that still remained on her cheeks.

"So are you two..still together?"

"Fuck no! He's a lying bastard. I'm done with him."

"Are you upset about it?"

"Not really, there's someone else that I love." I looked at her eyes then down to her lips.

"Who?" She asked, a bit confused. Without thinking, I leaned in and kissed her.

----------------------------------------------

Thank you for the comments! Keep them coming, it makes me want to keep writing and updating more! What do you like? What do you think? What do you want to happen?