Chapter 13: She knows

Demi's POV

I shut the door behind me and walked over to the couch which Winter was laying on. I knelt next to her and brushed the hair on her face, behind her ear. I wonder what happened, maybe she was just too hot and she got dehydrated. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in!" I said. The door opened and behind it stood a man in a white coat. He held a black bag.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Jacobs. Max called me and told me your friend fainted and he wanted me to check on her."

"Uh ya, she's right here." He walked over and did his doctor stuff to Winter. After about 25 minutes he said, "I know what the problem is."

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Your friend hasn't eaten in at least 48 hours. When she wakes up, just make sure she eats and she will be fine." I couldn't believe what I heard.

"Uh ok thanks." I said. Dr. Jacobs packed his things and walked out. Why hasn't Winter eaten? Has she been keeping something from me? How did I not notice? Maybe this is because of her parents. I'm probably overthinking this. Within a few minutes Winter started to wake up. "Hey hun." I said softly.

"What happened?" Winter asked as she started to sit up.

"You passed out during the concert."

"I did? Demi, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault. Don't worry about it. The doctor said your fine. Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Uh no. I ate before the concert." I knew she was lying.

"Winter, what's going on with you? What are you hiding from me?" Winter looked shocked at what I just said. It took her a few seconds to respond.

"Um nothing. I'm fine."

"I've heard that excuse before. I used to say it all the time, no matter how I was feeling. I know you haven't eaten at all in the past few days."

Winter's POV

Demi knows I haven't been eating. What do I say?! I felt my eyes flooding with tears. They started to spill over and I couldn't stop them. Demi sat next to me on the couch and held me while I sobbed on her shoulder. She was rubbing my back and whispering in my ear, "Shh it's going to be okay." After I stopped crying Demi let go off me and wiped the tears off my cheeks with her thumbs. "I'm going to help you through this. You're beautiful and you can beat this, okay?" I just nodded. "Let's go get something to eat." Demi stood up and pulled on my arm, I didn't move. "Please come eat."

"No. I don't want to."

"I know, but you have to. Lets go to my house and we can eat there, you just have to eat something. It can be small."

"Fine." I gave in. Me and Demi went out to our cars and I followed Demi to her house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for over 1k reads! it means so much to me! please please please vote, comment and follow me!!! thanks so much!!! love you all!