Chapter 35: I saw her!

Marissa's POV (it'll make sense why its her pov soon)

The first thing I did when I landed was text Demi to let her know I got here safely. My parents were waiting for me in the airport. I ran over to them and we all hugged. I know it's only been a few weeks but I really love my family and don't like being away from them for long. Don't get me wrong, I love Demi too and she's basically family to me but she's so busy with concerts, interviews, recording, etc. that I'm just another thing she has to find time for. I think just calling and texting me everyday will be easier and less stressful for her. I fell asleep in the car ride home, something about flying always tires me out. My mom woke me up when we were at the house and I grabbed a few of my bags and slowly walked inside. My eyes were still slighty closed. I went up the stairs and into my room. I dropped my bags at the end of my bed and face planted onto my pillow. I didn't bother changing into pajamas, I just wanted to sleep. 

The next day I woke up around 1PM. I went downstairs to find my family all sitting on the couch watching a movie. My dad must of heard me because he turned around and smiled, "Good afternoon sunshine." Everyone giggled. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some coffee to wake myself up."

"Alright...but uh Rissa.."

"Yeah mom?"

"You might wanna take a shower and change first."

"Oh..yeah." I ran back upstairs and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and noticed my hair was a big knotted mess and my makeup was smeared under my eyes. Oh god I look like a fricken zombie or something. I jumped in the shower and washed up. After, I changed into some black skinny jeans and a band tee that I got early this year when I was at the mall with Demi and...Winter. I miss that girl. She didn't deserve what happened to her. I haven't really thought about her for a while. We, all Demi's friend and family, decided it's best not to talk about her anymore. After a few months, Demi realized Winter's really gone, she's not waking up. I feel so bad, Demi really loved her. I tried to shake the thought out of my head. I put on some socks and boots before doing my hair and makeup. I know I'm only going to get some coffee but a girls gotta look her best, right? I grabbed my keys and sweatshirt and went out to my car. I pulled out of the driveway and drove to 7-Eleven. I went in and got a French Vanilla iced coffee, my favorite. Before I left I noticed the manager, Kristen, (yes I know her name, I come here a lot), talking to someone. She looked familiar, huh weird. Someone opened the door for me. "Thanks!" I said politley. 

"Okay Winter. Let's start you on the register." I heard Kristen say before the door shut behind me. Winter? No. It can't be the Winter I know. Could it? I ran to my car and quickly drove home. I ran inside and up the stairs. I put my coffee on my desk and jumped on my bed while pulling out my phone. I called Demi. "Hey Rissa, what's up?" She answered.

"Did the hospital ever call you and actually tell you what happened to Winter?" I asked. I know I shouldn't bring this up to her but I need to know. 

"Um, uh no. But it's been so long and they haven't told me anything so I just assum-"

"She's alive Demi! I..I saw her!" Demi was silent. 

"Marissa stop, this isn't a joke. Winter's gone. As much as I want to believe you, I can't. The hosptal would've called and told me if she woke up."

"Demi I'm serious! She's okay, I just saw her at-"

"Drop it Marissa, I gotta go, bye." She hung up. I threw my phone on the ground. Maybe my mind is just tricking me. She's right, the hospital would've called. I pulled out my laptop and went on twitter while I drank my coffee. 

----------------------------------------

Woo new update! I might actually update again today. Let's make another promise, 15 comments and I will definitley update again today. It's higher than my other one because I'm kinda lazy and might not wanna update. But if I do get 15 comments I will update again, okay? Okay. So comment please! And thanks for reading and voting!