Chapter 32: I give up

Demi's POV

"She's okay." He said as I opened my mouth to speak.

"Can I see her?" I asked as I woke Marissa up.

"Yes, but she's not going to be waking up for a while." We all started walking to her room.

"What do you mean?"

"She's in a coma. She could be out for days, weeks, months." We got to her room and I sat in the chair next to her bed once again. The doctor left.

I kept visiting Winter everyday for about 3 weeks. Nothing changed. I give up. I have to continue my career. The doctor will contact me if anything happens. Everyday I think about her. It's been a week since I visited but the hospital still hasn't told me anything. Maybe she's never going to wake up. It's about noon and I'm back at my house in LA. I have an interview on Ellen in a little while. Max picked me up and drove me to the studio. There were a bunch of people wating outside but I wasn't in the mood to sign autographs and take pictures. I love my fans to death but I'm only thinking about Winter right now. I went into the dressing room they had for me and checked my phone. I keep hoping I'll see a call from the hospital or something. Someone came in "Ten minutes, Ms. Lovato," he said.

"Okay, thanks." I replied before he shut the door. Those ten minutes went by pretty fast. I stood backstage while Ellen did her intruduction and stuff. "Here today, we have a very special guest. Her new album, DEMI..." I put on a fake smile, something I haven't done for a while, and prepared myself to go out. "Please welcome, Demi Lovato!" The crowd cheered and I walked out. I waved at everyone. Ellen greeted me with a hug and a friendly smile before we sat down. She asked a bunch of questions. It dragged on for what felt like forever. I just want to go home. Finally it ended and I left. Max dropped me off at home. I layed on the couch and fell asleep while watching TV.

***3 months later*** (sorry for the big time jump but I have to keep the story moving)

Winter's POV (finally!)

I woke up with an awful headache. I opened my eyes but immediatley shut them when the light stings them. I try again, but slower this time. I look around, I'm in a...hospital? What the hell? A doctor walks in a smiles when he sees me. "Winter! You're awake!" He exclaimed.

"Um yeah, why am I here?"

"You were in an accident and lost a lot of blood. Also you weren't eating so you were too weak to fight and fell into a coma." Everything that happened with Wilmer flashed through my head. Wait..did he say coma?

"Where's Demi? I want to see her." I said.

"Demi hasn't visited in 3 months."

"What? 3 months?! How long have I been out?"

"About 4 months." She came for the first month but then just stopped? Maybe she doesn't love me anymore.. No, no that can't be it. "I'm going to call her, she told me she wants to know when you wake up." He added before exiting the room. Oh ok. She didn't forget she's probably busy and couldn't keep coming. I always think the worst of things. I heard the doctor talking to the nurse. His voice got louder, "you lost her number?!" Oh no I hope he's not talking about Demi's number. He came back in. "I'm so sorry Winter, my nurse lost her number. But we can find-" I cut him off.

"It's fine, I have her number on my phone. I'll call her when I get out. And speaking of it, when can I leave?"

"A week at the most. We just need to monitor a few things now that your awake."

"Okay." And with that, the doctor left.

It's been 4 days, they're releasing me early. I changed into some clothes Demi brought. The nurse said Demi left a note for me before she stopped coming. It said, "You're car's in the parking lot with some clothes and a few other things. I'm not sure which house I'll be in because I have to go back to doing interviews and shows soon. Can't wait to see you again! Love, Demi." I got my phone from the nurse at the desk then went out to the parking lot. Shit it's freezing. I don't have the right clothes for this weather. I looked around and found my car. She parked it all the way across the lot, seriously Demi? I made my way over and got in. It's still so cold in here. I turned on the heat and sat back waiting for it to warm up. I plugged my phone into the car charger. It turned on but all my stuff was erased, fuck! I called the phone company. They canceled my phone because I wasn't paying the bill. They didn't believe me about the coma. Ugh, whatever. I put my phone down and began to drive. I guess I'll go to Demi's house here in Dallas (if I said they lived somewhere else earlier in my story, oops. They live in Dallas, Texas now). The rest of my stuff should be there. Okay I take a right..no maybe it's a left here..yeah it's left. I made the turn. No this doesn't look familiar, maybe it was the other way..um what street was it? It's was uh..shit I forget where I fucking live. And I have no way of contacting Demi. I guess I have to find somewhere around here to live. I drove for about 15 minutes before parking behind an old abandoned factory. This should work for now. I guess I should start looking for a job since I'm on my own now. I wonder if Demi forgot about me.

---------------------------------------------
Yay Winter's finally awake!! But she can't tell Demi :( will they meet again? Okay so I want to thank my friend Syl for making a pretty dope cover for this story! And I want to thank @stfugigix, (I hope I got that right) they commented on my last chapter and gave me a great idea for the story. I always read your comments and use your ideas if I like them! (Again it's unedited. Sorry for any mistakes) AND GUYS OMG IM GOING TO DEMI'S SHOW TONIGHT IN WORCESTER, MASS!!!!! AKSDFGHJKL IM SO FUCKING EXCITED GAHHH I'm not meeting her or 5H or little mix and my seats aren't the best but I don't care, it's still going to be the best night ever!!! Tonight is my escape!