Chapter 8: Goodbye

Winters POV

"You're dad's not doing too well.." Dr. Scott said. 

"What do you mean? Is he going to live?" I asked as I started to cry. I felt Demi grab my hand and give it a comforting squeeze. 

"The only thing keeping him alive is the life support. Once we unplug it, his heart will stop. He said it's up to you when we unplug it."

"Me?! He wants me to decide when he dies?!" 

"Yes, I'm so sorry ,Winter."

"One hour.." I said. 

"One hour?" Dr. Scott repeated. 

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll be back in one hour." Dr. Scott walked away and Demi and I went back into my dad's room. 

"How long do I have?" My dad asked. 

"An hour."

"I'm so sorry, Winter. I don't want to leave you."

"I know dad. I'm gonna miss you so much." Me and my dad talked for awhile. I can't believe this is my last hour with my dad. The hour went by really fast. Before I knew it, Dr. Scott came in. "It's time." He said. Demi came next to me as I started bawling. "Any last goodbyes?" The doctor asked. I gave my dad I hug. 

"I love you so much dad."

"I love you too baby girl." He said and I let go. "Demi.." My dad said. Demi leaned down close to him. "Please take care of my little girl for me." He said. " I will, I promise." Demi said reassuringly. Me and my dad said one last goodbye as the doctor pressed some buttons on the monitor and my dads heart flat lined. I started bawling and Demi pulled me into a tight hug. The doctor started to lead us out of the room, but I let go of Demi and ran back to my dad. I kissed him on the cheek and quietly whispered, "I love you." one last time. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Demi, she was crying. "I think we should go now." She said. I just nodded and she grabbed my hand. She led me out to her car. The whole ride I just cried. Demi had one hand on the wheel and the other was comfortingly rubbing my thigh. When we got to my house, I ran inside, down the hall, and locked myself in my room. I laid on my bed and loudly cried into my pillow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100 READS! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE WITH THE STORY