Chapter 37

Jordan and I got our coffees to go and made our way to the park, to catch up and talk about the past. She told me that she still hangs out with the same crowd when we use to date. I told her that I also did but I added a couple of new people to my list in these past months. We talked about my hookups and how she still kept an eye on me after we broke up but she lost count after Maxine, the girl that I dated for a week.

"You know she has a baby now!" I told her.

"Whatt!" She said.

"Yeah, that's what I said but then again she is straight."

Jordan shook her head and smiled at me.

"What can I say, I got skills!"

"You're stupid!" She said as she laughed at me. "Last time I checked you were a chicken shit!"

"Like what I said I got skills, shy skills!" I told her as I tried not to laugh.

"You still volunteering at your mom's work?" She asked.

"Not lately cause I been busy with my art."

I told her that I have a show coming up and that she should come to check out my work. I also told her that she should bring her friends along. As we walked around the park we stopped at a bench by the pond and sat down to chat some more. I asked her about what's going on with her life and her love life. She told me that everything is good and fine but when it comes to her love life it was the opposite. She never really had a long-term relationship after we dated. She told me that her longest one was one month.

"What about you?" She said.

"No not really. You know me with relationships, we just don't go well together." I told her.

"Yeah I do and your good at it so stop trying to be a player cause your bad at it."

"But theres no drama in hookups just fun."

"Yeah how long do they last?" She asked.

"Okay okay I know." I told her as I put my head down.

She looked at me and out of nowhere she caught me off guard.

"So you and Kyliee, how long has that been going on?"

"Huh? What?" I said as I pretend not to hear her question.

"You heard me!" She said.

"Come again?"

"You know, you denying it just answered my question. Right!"

"Fcuk!" I said.

"So?" She still asked.

"What gave it away?"

"The way you look at her. You use to look at me that way." She said.

"Time out, time out!" I said as I started doing the time out sign with my hands. I also stood up and faced her. "You got that shit from THE VOW!" I told her.

She just started laughing and said, "Whatever but it's true. I miss getting that look."

I didn't say anything. I just sat back down not wanting to kill her sad moment. While we sat there I told her that she'll get that look again, all you have to do is wait. She was still looking at me and I looked at the night sky.

"You're an ass!" She said.

"What? I'm stargazing."

She punched me on the shoulder and asked about Kyliee and me again.

"So you and my cousin?"

"What about it?" I asked her.

"Info please."