Chapter 21

"So which one are you going to pick?" Kelly asked me.

"Kelly why would asked that. You already know the answer! Ash doesn't have a chance against Kay. Did you see the look on Kris's face when she saw Kay walking down the hallway?"

"Yeah I did!"

"There's your answer. Not a chance!"

I didn't really hear what Kelly and Maggie was talking about because I was to busy looking at Kyliee and Ashley, also I was trying to hear what they were talking about. I was distracted when Kelly started staring at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"You're right Mag, Not a chance."

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked them both.

"Nothing just keep drooling!" Maggie said.

"But which one are you drooling over?" Kelly asked.

I didn't know why but I was going to answer her but I didn't get the chance to because Kyliee and Ashley along with Mel and Jessie was walking toward us. Kyliee and Ashley both look at me and smiled like they both knew something that I didn't know.

"I think I'm getting played here! I bet Ashley knew about Kyliee and me all long. I bet she was testing me when she was flirting with me." I told myself.

When they got to Maggie, Kelly and me I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Here comes trouble!" Maggie said.

Mel said hi and went straight into my room to eat.

"Wow, Are you that hungry?" Jessie asked.

"Yes, I haven't eaten since we left."

"Sorry for me friend and thanks for the food Kris." Jessie said.

"No problem!"

"Thanks Kris!" Mel yelled out with a full mouth.

Jessie said hi to Maggie and Kelly then went into my room as well.

"So Kris my best friend was the reason that you were going to baled out so us?" Ashley said.

"Maybe."

"Wait are you two dating? I thought you were dating Sean again Kay." Kelly said.

Kyliee looked at Kelly with what the fcuk look in her face and Kelly had a sorry looked in her face. I just stood there quiet and told myself that must be the guy that Sam was talking about. I guess Sam was right they were more than friends.

"I think its time of us to get back to our room." Maggie said.

"No why would you guys do that. Its okay you guys should order some food as well and don't worry about it." I told them.

"Kris!" Kyliee said.

"It's okay!"

Kyliee was about to explain herself but I didn't want to hear it. I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible so when my mom called I was so happy cause it gave me a reason to get way for a while.

"I'm just going to call my mom back. I'll be by the elevator." I said as I walked away from them.

As I was walking Kyliee grabbed my hand, which made me stop and turned around to face her. She was about to speak but I cut her off and told her that it was okay and that she didn't need to explain.

"At least I didn't have to wait until Saturday and I also know now that I do need a date." I told her.

"Kris."

"Like I said don't worry about it."

As I was walking to the elevator when my mom was calling again but I didn't wanted to talk to anyone right now. I just wanted to get some air, so I decided to head down to the pool area.

"Sorry I didn't know that someone would be here." Unknown person said.

I turned my head towards her and said, "It's okay."

"Hey I know you. You go to my school!"

"Yeah I do."

"What are you doing here? I know that you're not in the volleyball team."

"I'm here for other reasons."

She nods her head and said, " So do you play?"

I forgot that I had my ukulele with me the I grabbed out of the car. She sat down next to me but left a gap between us. She lean forward to take off my beanie that I was wearing. She put my beanie upside down and set it between us and put a dollar in it.

"I guess you have to play now." She said.

"I guess so."

You tear me up when you

You wanna take it all away, take it all away

You were the one and it was enough

To be the one you were dreaming of

You were the one and we called it love

And now you take it all away, take it all away

I felt a pain in my chest with your kiss on my cheek

And as I try to digest the words I couldn't believe

I'm left with nothing to say with my heart on my sleeve

Making it easy to hurt and even harder to breathe

I was just getting to the chords again when she grabbed my ukulele and said, "I like Owl City and all but can you sing another song."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm already sad here and I don't want to get sadder."

"Sorry, I'm not really in the mood to be singing something up beat."

She stood up and said, "That's okay, I guess you owe me one. I'll see you later Cruz."

"Hey how do you know my name well my last?"

"I have my ways. I'll see you later." She said as she walked back into the hotel lobby.

Seconds later I stood up as well and made my way back to my room hopping that everybody went back to their own rooms. Before opening up my door I notice that it was quiet. I was glad that they were gone cause I just wanted to jump into bed and just sleep this pain away. I walked into my room and heard a voice that said, "Can we talk?"