Chapter 27

An hour later after Kyliee left I went downstairs to the lobby to meet up with Kate so we could head down to the meeting with the magazine. When I got there I bumped into Ashley, who was checking out of the hotel. I also saw Kelly and Maggie carrying out their bags to the car.

“You guys leaving?” I asked Ashley.

“Yeah but since we live here in town we’re just heading home. It’s only like 5 minutes away from here so we’re not going that far.” She said.

“Oh yeah I forgot that you guys live here.”

“Yup so before you leave we should go out to dinner after you get back from your meeting.”

“Yeah that would be great. I’ll text you.” I told her.

As I was making plans with Ashley when Kate walked up to us to let me know that she would be getting the car and that she would be waiting for me outside. I gave Ashley a hug and told her goodnight. I could tell that she was lost to what I said which made her think twice to what she heard me say.

“Yeah I said goodnight!” I told her.

She didn’t say anything instead she just gave me a weird look.

“I’ll text you okay.” I said as I walked away from her.

When I got outside I saw Kate waiting inside her car. I was going to walk towards the car but instead she drove up to me so all I needed to do was jump in. I got into the car and texted Kyliee telling her that I was heading to the meeting. Also I wanted to know where they were. After I texted Kyliee I texted Sam as well telling her that I was staying an extra day for a meeting.

“Checking in with Kyliee?” Kate asked.

“Nooo!” Trying to sound convincing.

“So the news going around town is true!” Kate asked.

“What news?”

“That your off the market.”

“No! I’m not!”

“Right and I am a supermodel.”

“But you are!”

Right after I said that I looked at her and watched her turn red.

“Wait, Are we blushing?” I asked her.

“Shut up Kris!”

I couldn’t help but burst out a giggle.

We got to the meeting and met up with two people from the magazine. One of them was around the same age as my dad and I think he runs the place when the president is not around. The other one looked like she just got out of college. I’m not going to lie she’s cute and pretty tall which means that she had some sexy ass legs and I was kinda happy that she was showing it off.

“Close your mouth and stop drooling!” Kate said.

“Hi, You must be Kris.” The unknown girl with the sweet legs said as she extends her hand towards me.

“Yes I am and you are.”

“Oh I’m sorry, my name is Skylar.”

“Nice to meet you.” I said.

“Kate, nice to see you again.” A guy said as he walked towards me.

“I’m Tony.”

“Kris!” I said as I shook his hand.

“Are you guys ready to get down to business?” Tony asked us.

“Yeah we are.” Kate said.

“Well let’s head to the conference room.” Skylar said.