Chapter 30

My heart stopped reading those words. I thought thing would be different this time round but I guess I was wrong. My mind was going crazy and jumping all over the place wondering what the fcuk is going on. I wanted to unlock her phone and read the other messages that came in but I heard someone coming and I knew that it was Kyliee so I put her phone back down. I grabbed my phone to seem busy so when she comes in I don't have to look at her. She came in and I didn't make any kind of eye contact with her. She made her way towards her phone and look at it then at me.

"Is someone going to pick you up or would you like me to drop you off?" I asked her.

"Are you already kicking me out?"

"No, I'm just asking."

While we were talking I got a text from Jamie asking if Kyliee was with me. I replied back saying yes and that she spend the night at my house. I also told her that I'm about to drop her off.

"I think I should be getting home now cause my mom is texting me nonstop asking where am I at."

"Oh okay let me just grab a hoodie." I told her.

Kyliee went downstairs to wait for me. Before I grabbed a hoodie I texted Jamie again asking if she knew the guy that's been texting Kyliee and calling her babe. We made are way towards my car and drove off. As I was driving my phone started buzzing, I knew that it was Jamie replying back but I couldn't read the message since I was driving and that my phone was in my pocket. The drive to Kyliee's house was quiet, she was busy with her phone and I wasn't really in the mood of talking to her. When we got to a stop sign she broke the silences with questions about my meeting. I didn't really give her a lot of details about it. I would answer her questions with two or three words then I would go quiet. As we were pulling up to her house I could tell that she wasn't happy with me. I parked my car in front of her house and waited for her to get out. I sat there without saying anything to her. We both just sat there looking straight at the street.

"Are we okay?" She burst out.

"I don't know you tell me?"

She was about to answer me when Riley popped out of nowhere and yelled at Kyliee.

"There you are! Where have you been?" Riley asked.

"Hey Kris!" Jamie said as she popped out of nowhere as well.

I was surprise that she was there but I wasn't that surprise not like how Kyliee was, who got out of my car and walked towards them.

"What are you doing here?" Kyliee asked.

"Wait you guys knows each other?" Riley asked while pretending to have no clue at the situation.

I sat in my car deciding if I should just go or stay. As I sat there and watch them yelling at each other I remembered that I have an unread text from Jamie. Jamie told me that she doesn't know who the guy was and that I should just ask Kyliee about it.

"It sucks to be me right now!" I told myself.

As I started spacing out but something caught my eye. It was a guy walking out of Kyliee's house and walking towards her. He grabbed her and pulled her into a hug then kissed her. Kyliee pulled away from the kiss and looked at me. At that moment I didn't know what to feel. Should I be mad, sad or heartbroken? The only thing I knew and wanted to do was drive away, which I did.

While driving way my phone started ringing, I knew that it was Kyliee so I just ignored it and kept driving. I didn't know where I was going I just wanted to disappear for a while. I called my mom telling her that I was going on a road trip and I won't be back until tomorrow night. I decided to head down to my grandparent's house, which was six hours away and in the middle of nowhere. When I got there my Nana greeted me with open arms. She knew that something was up with me because I go there to escape my problems. She didn't ask me instead she just gave me another hug.

"Where's pops?" I asked her.

"He went to a friend's house to watch the game. I was just about to head over there but since your here I'll just hang out with you."

"That would be great Nana!"

"Ice cream run?" She said.

"Aww you know me to well!"

"Of course your my monkey!"

We got our ice creams, made our way outside to sit down and catch up.

"So what's wrong monkey?"

"Nothing, I just needed to get away."

"From whom?"

"People!"

"You mean Kyliee." She said.

"Yeah something like that. Why do I always get myself into these kind of situations."

"What kind of situations?"

"Get my hopes up and let myself fall. I was doing fine just being single and free. I wasn't looking or planning to find love." I told her.

"I guess it was looking for you!"

"Nana, Can I stay with you guys until Friday?"

"Of course stay as long as you want but don't you have school."

"Yeah but I need sometime to think about stuff."

"Okay, Just call your parents and let them know your plans."

"I will!"

When we got back to my Nana's house my grandpa was home watching baseball. I gave him a hug and a kiss. He was so happy to see me. I stayed with him to watch the baseball game while my Nana went to the kitchen. During the commercials we talked about what's going on with me. I told him that I have a show coming up and I would love for him to come and see my work.

"I'm so proud of you monkey! I can't wait to see your amazing work."

"So does that mean that you're coming?"

"Would miss it!"

"Awesome!"

"Well it's getting late and I need to get up early tomorrow so I'll talk to you late. Are you heading back home today or are you sleeping over?" He asked.

"I'm staying for awhile grandpa. I'm leaving Friday morning because I have work at 5pm."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah! And you don't have say it!"

The look on his face, he already knew why I was here. I got up, hugged him and wished him goodnight before making my way to the kitchen where my Nana was. She was baking some cookies.

"Did you call your mom or dad yet?" She asked.

"No not yet. I kinda forgot."

"Well get to it!"

I made my way towards the backyard and sat down by the pool. I took off my shoes so I can put my legs in the water. While I sat there I looked up to watch the clear bright stars around me. I felt at ease so I laid down and drafted away into the night.

As I laid there and rethink my feelings for Kyliee I started feeling joy and pain at the same time. When I pictured her smiling at me I get butterflies but they soon disappear when I imaging her kissing that guy. A quick pain rush towards my heart that I never felt until now. I forgot that my phone was beside me until it started buzzing. I sat up and grabbed my phone to see that I had ten miss calls, five unread text and two voicemail all from Kyliee. I still didn't want to hear what she had to say so I just ignored it. I called my mom instead letting her know that I was at her parent's house and that I would be staying her until Friday morning. I also called my dad to let him know as well, after I called my dad I texted Kate and Skylar to tell them that I would be missing school this week. I told Skylar that I was at my Nana's house and if she needed me she should drive up here or just gave me a call. The last person I needed to call was Sam.

"Dude, where are you? Everyone is here expect you, you're the only one missing."

"I'm at my Nana's house."

"Why are you there?"

I didn't answer her back instead I just stayed quiet.

"You know where to find me when you're ready to talk about it!" She said.

"Goodnight!" I said.

"Night buddy!"

The week went by pretty fast, next thing I knew it was Friday and I was heading back home. I didn't get a chance to go home because I got into town around 4 and I had work at 5 so I went straight to the café. While I was gone Kyliee kept calling and texting me but I just kept ignoring her. Sam called me as well to tell me that Kyliee has bugging her to tell her where I was and to give her a call.

"Wow! Look who here." Liz yelled out loud as I entered the café.

I turned around to see who was behind me. I turned right back to face her and say, "Who? Me!"

"You know you have a stalker."

"No! Who is it?"

"Kyliee! She been stopping by here like everyday for the past week now asking for you."

"Around what time does she come?"

"In the morning and after school. Why?"

"Good to know cause I don't want to see her right now."

"You know no matter what you still have to talk to her and see her so might as well get it over with."

"Yeah I know but I'm not ready to hear it."

"Your just not ready to get your heartbroken."

"You could put it that way."

I clocked in and started making the orders but I ran out of milk so I went to the back to get more. As I was getting the milk I notice Kyliee and her cousin Kate walking in. The moment they got to the counter I duck.

"Kris, what are you doing?" Ben asked.

"Nothing I drop something." I told him.

"Well get back out there and help Liz out."

"Umm I was wondering if we could switch places for a minute or two."

He gave me a weird look and looked at the people Liz was talking to.

"Hiding from someone?" He asked.

"Maybe!"

"You owe me one." He said as her walked out and start making their orders.

I stayed out of sight but I could hear them talking. I heard Kyliee asking Liz if I was back. I heard her telling Kyliee no she not back yet. I could see their reflection from a mirror that was hanging up. I could see Liz pointing towards the back to where I was and whispering to Kyliee. At this point I knew what she was doing so I stood up and walked out.

"Here Ben!" I said as I handed him some milk that I was still holding.

Kyliee was surprise that I was actually there and made an appearance. As I was helping out with the orders I could see Kyliee looking at me and was focus on me and only me. Minutes later a couple of Kyliee's friends came in and sat down with them. I tried so hard not to look at her but I couldn't. I would glance at her from time to time. When she caught me looking at her she would smile.

"Like what I said no matter what you have to talk to her and see her." Liz said as she came from behind me.

"Yeah thanks to you!"

"That what I'm here for."

"To bring drama?"

"Maybe but no, I'm here to help you out!"

"You're not really doing a good job at it."

"You can't see it yet but I am." She said.

It was getting late and the café was slowing down but there was still a couple of people drinking coffee and relaxing. About an hour away from closing time Kyliee and her friend stood up and left. I started clean up and fixing up the café to close up.

"All done!" I told Ben who was our boss.

"If that's the case go home!" He said.

Liz and I clocked out and said our goodnights, we were at the back and I could see Kyliee waiting for me in the front of the café. The same place where I first met her.

"Are you going to talk to her?" Liz asked.

"I don't know!" I told her as I made my way towards the back door of the café.

"You just can't keep her waiting there."

"Yeah I could!"

"That's fcuk up and I know that's not you."

"I know but I could start."

"Shut up and get your ass over there."

As I was making my way towards the front of the café I could see Kyliee sitting at the same spot on that Tuesday night but this time she wasn't busy with her phone instead she was patiently waiting for me. I crept up and stood there thinking what to say but nothing came to mind so I just sat down at the other end of the bench and slide myself next to her. She turned her head to look at me.

"Hey, I heard you were looking for me." I said with a soft tone.