Issue # 48: Explanation...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

Breanna had groceries piled up in her arms. Isis ran up to them happily, her nails clicking across the hardwood floor.

“Hope are you okay?” Breanna asked me.

“I’m better than I could be.” I confessed. “How about you?” I did not see any scratches on her, and the only blood I could smell was my own. The last time I saw her was after she jumped through the portal after I used the knife.

My heart began to speed up as I asked, “The knife? What happened to it?”

“Its in your bag,” She answered. “I threw it in there while they were stitching you up.”

I let out a breath of relief, “Well thanks god Crowley didn’t get ahold of it.” I saw my bag laying in the corner.

“So that’s what you used your time on? Finding that?” Dean speculated and I gave him a stern look, because I was slightly irritated by him but it wasn’t his fault, he didn’t know.

“It didn’t work out, back at home.” Truth was, it probably would have if I had not heard about all of the suspicious hauntings, and decided to hunt without Sam and Dean. That was the thing that changed it all. I ran into the Paranormal Society, I found Carver Edlund as well, I wasn’t much of a believer in Fate, but sometimes I feel things like that are the exception. “Castiel came to me and wanted me to go to you guys as protection, though you can see what a good job I’m doing.” I sarcastically stated.

“Castiel is alive?” Dean asked. I shook my head, knowing it was a disappointing answer.

“No, I think he’s dead, otherwise he’d have just gone right to you, so since he couldn’t—for whatever reason—he wanted me to help you instead.”

“So you just brought Dorothy and Toto here too just for fun?” Dean said and I saw the hatred glowing in Breanna’s eyes when she glared at him, but by calling her a sweet innocent girl with a puppy dog was a mistake.

“How dare you!” She snapped, “Don’t underestimate me.”

“I certainly won’t overestimate you that’s for sure.” He replied and I scowled. He managed to not just insult Breanna but Isis as well. She was not Toto from Oz, she was a 3rd generation wolf, a Siberian Husky, and an Australian Shepherd all in one. She was not Toto.

Breanna wasn’t exactly Dorothy from Oz either.

“Hey, she was the only one who would believe me. She saw my scar on my back, from Crowley. It was kind of hard to tell her I fell into a doorknob.” I smirked, failing to tell him that I did over exaggerate the truth for a little bit to her, only telling her that I had gotten hurt hunting…but….“I had to tell her the truth eventually.”

“I see.” He replied, finally letting me continue.

“Anyways, we retrieved the knife from an angel that Balthazar traded it with. When we got back was when Crowley showed up, he wanted the knife, and he was willing to do anything to get it.” He threatened my parents, I hoped they were okay.

What had become of them? What about Balthazar? Isis came into my view and plunked down on the blanket that I had been laying on moments before. At least I knew her and Breanna were okay.

Everyone here seemed to be safe, besides me. Go figure.

I watched Sam out of the corner of my eye, he seemed a bit off. I wondered what was wrong with him. It wasn’t until I noticed him trying to avoid his gaze with one corner of the room, like he was trying to ignore it.

Isis whined and that reminded me, “Um, Breanna?” I asked and she looked at me, “Could you take Isis out for me? I can if you want but—”

“The hell you are taking that dog out, you probably can’t even walk.” Dean stated, and I glared at him.