Hunter's Wake [Part Four]...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE! Hopie sounds like Hopi the Indian tribe, not Hope Pie. lol okay maybe it wasn't that  important, but I thought it was vital to know. Enjoy the story! :)

He had stood up, everyone’s jaws dropped, still uncertain how this happened.

Bobby gave a small smile, “You’re staring you know.” Sam raised his eyebrows as Dean looked at Bobby, his whole face a question. Even I--who had said something—still was unsure how I had been able to talk moments before. Unsure of what else to do, I grasped Dean’s hand.

Bobby retorted. “Annie’s here too, by the way.”

“Hi—Annie,” Everyone managed to stammer.

“She says you boys both look uglier than she remembered.”

Breanna replied with a smirk, “Well that’s pretty good since she—ow,” She rubbed the back of her head before she could spit out that Annie had slept with Dean and Sam. Maybe Bobby didn’t know, and frankly I didn’t want to rain on his parade. I didn’t even want to think about it myself.

“Sorry Annie, Breanna and I have never had the pleasure. Sorry about…your loss.” I said, unsure of how to word her death. I was still unsure of how to word my own death, let alone anyone elses.

Bobby turned and listened to the invisible character, “She says its fine, she might have tried to kill you based on first appearances anyways.”

My eyes widened, “Did she see me—”

“Wolf out while you were Scoobey Dooing for clues?” Bobby chuckled, “Uh yeah, if you had sniffed in the right places ya might have found Whitman’s chamber where he stores all the bodies.”

“Sorry I didn’t,” I answered truthfully in reply and Bobby nodded in understanding.

This time Sam spoke, “Bobby, how did this happen? How did you stay at the house?”

Bobby’s eyes averted ours for a moment, “Yea, well, uh,” He turned and walked over to a drawer and opened it, which was impressive since ghosts usually can’t do that unless they are infuriated. He reached into the drawer and pulled out the flask, tossing it to Dean. “Suck on that, Swayze,” he said with a crooked smile.

Sam realized something. “That’s why you never answered me, I tried calling you on the Ouija Board, but I was always alone when I tried it.” So Dean wasn’t with him, so the flask wasn’t in the room when he tried it. “Dean always had that thing in his pocket.”

“You’re why the EMF goes off half the time!” Breanna pointed, “and why it was freezing in the museum, right?” Bobby didn’t think he had been the cause of the temperature in the museum, but then again, he had been trying to move that lamp pretty bad. It must’ve made the room temperature drop.

“We thought we were going crazy,” Sam declared.

Dean looked at the flask then his eyes met Bobby’s, “So—what happened, did you get stuck or what?”

“I wanted to stay,” Bobby said honestly.

Dean looked at him regretfully, “Bobby,”

“I need to help,” He argued at Dean.

Sam looked at him and said quietly, “Not if it means if you have to be…this?”

“Well life wasn’t comfy—why should death be?” He said gruffly. “Now come on, Annie and I found all the bodies. And Hopie,” He said and my eyes flashed up to his.

“Hm…not many people call me that.” I said, but I didn’t think him calling me that actually bothered me that much. “What?”

“How’d you dodge your death?” He asked, “I’ve been wanting to find out but I must’ve been in a ghost coma or something from helping out the boys a couple of times when you explained yourself.”