Issue #49: the waiting...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

I shuddered when I saw my wounds in the bathroom mirror. It was red, swollen, and bruised a sickening yellow color. Thread was woven into my skin, and I didn’t dare count the number of stitches they gave me. Even with the daemon’s healing abilities, I was still not moving in any hurry for a while. I let my shirt fall back down on my waist, catching my stitches. There was a small knock on the door and Dean peeked in. “Do you want help with your bandages?”

“Yeah if you’d like,” I picked them off the counter, “Where’s Sam in all this?” Normally Sam would help change them.

“Breanna and Sam are down in the lobby, geeking it up.” He said this, taking the bandages from my hands.

I laughed, “Well that sounds about right. Breanna’s always been good with a computer.”

He sat down on the ledge of the tub so my waist would be at eye level. Dean began to wrap the bandages around my waist, his hands gently brushing my back as he did so.

My spine began tingling, and my face heated up with a blush. I avoided his gaze, seriously hoping he didn’t look at me like some shy little school girl when he’d see my face. I heard the snip of some shears, and some tape was put down so the bandages wouldn’t wiggle free…but why didn’t he take his hands off me waist?

I finally got the nerve to look at him, my nerve lost instantly when I saw how he was looking at me, a small crooked smile.

Normally if any other guy looked at me like that I would be annoyed, but my damn heart was fluttering like a sparrow.

What should I do—the daemon knew—taking over my human body. A small smile formed from my own face, and part of me knew it was my own smile, not the daemon’s seductive one. She jumped in his arms, and linked our own arms around his neck, kissing him with more passion than I thought I had.

Her spirit went away when he began kissing me back with the same intensity. His ferocity coursed through my body like a fire. I grabbed his soft brown hair gently, pulling him towards me; enjoying his scent, his musk, his eagerness to please.

I wondered if this is what it would have been like if I had never died. Part of me imagined it would have, but at a slower pace than this; but now both of us were far too aware how we could lose the other in a heartbeat.

Now we both lived in the moment as best we could.

***

I laid next to him, my arms rested on his chest and that damn pentagram tattoo. I sighed as I absentmindedly began tracing the edges, just another sign of the supernatural. I could not exactly complain about the supernatural too much though, especially since I had a daemon inside me. A daemon that I’m pretty sure just helped me get some. I laughed softly, wow, she did a good deed.

“What song is it you are humming?”

“Hm...oh, smoke on the water?”

I shook my head, a smile forming, “Haven’t you heard of any new rock lately? There are some new songs out there that are good, you know?”

“Like what?”

A song popped in my head and began thrumming out Pop Evil with the palm of my hands on the tiled floor.

That girl she’s a loaded gun

 Gonna take em out take em one by one

 She knows when she’s dressed to kill

 She’ll put a bullet in your heart just to feel the thrill

She walks like she’s walkin on water