Issue #31: Hellhound on my Trail...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

A brown russet form collided with the hellhound. Snapping jaws as Fangs closed around the throat of the other, who rammed her against a tree. The wolf whimpered as her shoulder was buried into a branch. She let go and the hound circled her, his teeth bared in a hated rage. Not many could see a hellhound, but it was the gift of an Interloper. Their bodies were tough and muscled, resembling Rottweiler’s with red eyes.

Teeth bared I stared straight into this creatures eyes. Why are you here!? My speech was not vocal but mentally.

The hellhound bellowed and bared his teeth, blood seeping from his neck She had done her time. My eyes fell on the crumpled form of the girl near me. There was no possibility she could have survived that.

Breanna, Steve and Paul had finally stumbled through the brush this time. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see their eyes widen in surprise, because even though they couldn’t see the hellhound; I imagined they could see the blood flowing out of its body, and onto the ground.

The hound snarled, Stay out of my way. He snarled and turned away, lunging into the woods.

“Holy crap!” Steve said, leaning on a branch heavily. “I can’t believe this happened.”

Now that the hellhound left I lowered my head, my ears pinned back into my skull as I contemplated my next move. The girl lay dead on the ground. I shuddered in disgust. What did this girl do to deserve this?

Breanna stared at me worriedly, her hand finding its way to my shoulder. My tail swished as I nodded in recognition to her. I would be fine.

 We went back to the hotel that night. I went and laid down on the bed, my shoulder aching from that night. I could feel someone staring at me.

“What?” I grunted rolling over to face the other bed. I was tired, it had been a long day.

“I can’t believe you did it,”Breanna replied, “That girl was already gone and you still attacked the hellhound. Why?”

“It might have been after me as well, I thought it was one of Crowley’s.” I muttered, closing my eyes. “It just doesn’t make sense.”

With that, I passed out.

Metal was buried in a shallow grave

The crossroads were silent

An evil deal with a good purpose

Rage was what could respond

Fangs clenched a throat

They wouldn’t listen they never would

Dean’s eyes widened in shock

Teeth were buried beneath the skin

His cry of pain hurt more than any blade or fang….

I woke with a start. My body trembled and my stomach turned. What the hell?

I knew I was going to be sick. I scrambled off the bed and past Breanna, where I hurled in the bathroom sink.

I turned on the faucet bitterly, holding myself up long enough to see my shoulder in the mirror. It was shades of black and blue, from the night before; from the hellhound.

I sat on the bathtub’s ledge and put my face in my hands.

“Are you okay?” Breanna stood in the doorway, in a hello kitty t-shirt and black pajamas.

I exhaled a deep breath, “I think I just had a vision,”

Dean had been there at the crossroads, and he knew the spell. Was he trying to sell his soul for another? My confusion was enhanced when I remembered me--no--the daemon attempting to tear him apart, trying to stop him.

     How could I have been there, when I was clearly stuck here?