Issue #50: Cursed Things [Part One]....a Supernatural TLN Sequel

{This Issue is going to be a three parter...just to warn you. Lucky for you I'm posting them all in the same night}

There was a smooth dance floor, and a young woman came in late, but she had been looking forward to dancing. As the others left there was silence, the only other human being was a janitor, out in the hall, mopping the floor, swishing the mop back and forth.

Swish

     Swish

         Swish

The brunette began to spin, gracefully, a natural gift she had. She became more sure of herself, spinning faster and lunging around, testing her skills, had she gotten better? She thought so, concentrating but then her leg moved on its own accord…then her other foot took control, and she was no longer able to control herself.

    Swish

            Swish

     Swish

Her pink satin slippers whisked across the floor. Her stomach fluttered in panic, and she tried to scream, but no words would come out. The janitor continued to mop the floor, the doors to the dance room shut, so even if he had been paying attention he wouldn’t have noticed.

Swish

    Swish

Swish

[Silence]

Blood splattered on the fiberglass doors, making the janitor jump. He opened the door, to see a ballerina sprawled out in a puddle of blood. She was missing her feet, they had been ground to the floor dancing. Next to her body was a clean pair of silky, pink satin slippers.

**********

HOPE'S P.O.V.

**********

There had been all of that time for anticipation, but nothing could have prepared us for this. Snow. I dreaded the stuff, and the only time I didn’t mind seeing it was when it was plastered on a Christmas card, or when I was inside a well heated house.

The whole area we were in was coated in the stuff, at least four inches of it. And we hadn’t packed for this weather. I had a pair of freakin’ shorts in my bag. When we had left Michigan, it had been nice, short sleeved weather. Now I was froze even as I clung to Deans jacket. I had fought him for it, and had won. He’d get it back though, once I got a winter jacket at the store.

Breanna walked up alongside me, teeth also chattering. She had packed a hoodie, but that was doing as much good as my jacket.

“How is this possible!?” Breanna cried. Clinging to my arm for warmth, which was probably giving off as much heat as an ice cube, “When we left it was eighty degrees weather.”

“I don’t know,” I shivered as I frantically pulled open the sliding door, jumping inside towards warmth. “It doesn’t make much sense to me. I don't think some of this stuff is supposed to.”

“Yeah,” She admitted, as we began to stride through some racks of clothes. “That’s true—oh look!” She pulled at a soft brown coat, which looked incredibly warm on the inside. It came with a red hat and scarf.