Issue #20: Crimson Visions...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

(Leviathans are what's left inside cas after the souls leave. Thought you outta know.)

Enjoy the story, comment vote, etc. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam sat in the room. His hands were shaken as he took his sip of whiskey. Damn, I’m  having the hallucinations again, Sam knew what it was too. In the beginning he had been hallucinating after Cas collapsed the wall in his mind. It took some time to focus on what was reality. When he had finally gotten control of his memories in hell all he would have was an occasional nightmare or two. But Hope was dead, and it caused his mind to snap again.

Now his hallucinations hit in the daytime as well. Even if he could distinguish between reality and illusions, it didn't stop the emotional pain that each one caused.

Bobby’s books were lined up all nice and neat onto a bookshelf. Hope walked into the room, her layered brown hair damp from a shower, her blue eyes looking amused at him.

“What’s wrong?”

“You’re dead,” Sam choked, “None of this is real,”

“Yeah I know Sam,” She replied her hands scrolling up and down the spines until she found a book she was searching for.

“So…are you a ghost?”

She raised her eyebrows in question, “Really Sammy?” She shook her head in disbelief. “I’m not a ghost I’m just inside your head, ”She laughed, “I’m simply standing right here in front of you, you know.”

Crowley appeared behind her, a blade in his hands. “No!!!” Sam shouted.

It was drove into her spine, her body collapsing and bleeding out into the carpet. “Sure Sammy,” Crowley said mockingly as Sam crouched over her. “She’s dead no matter what. Perhaps you are still in Purgatory and we are just playing with you.”

In rage, Sam picked up a knife and chucked it at the hallucination of Crowley. He vanished and the knife sunk into a thick book binding. Bobby stepped into the room and had heard Sam yelling, but he forced himself to not notice.

However he did shake his head when he saw one of his books destroyed. “Damn, you realize there’s a dart book on that side of the room right?”

Sam looked back down at the floor in surprise, Hope was gone, or so he had thought. A sickening realization fell on him. He was going to lose his mind.

Behind Bobby a russet wolf circled him, her daemon eyes locked on Sam. The blade stuck out of her spine between her shoulder blades, wiggling back and forth as she walked. Her teeth bared, and her eyes flickered from ice blue to red. Sam’s heart raced, this wasn’t Hope…this was all daemon.

…or maybe even a demon.

 A sickening growl came from her...sounding like she had when she had fought the hellhound.

“Bobby—” Sam started.

 “Guys we need to go!” Dean said that same moment, standing in the doorway. “Jesse has been able to find Cas; the sooner we can get to him the better.”

“All right, is this within driving range?” Bobby said gruffly.

“Yea—“ Dean replied.

Sam’s eyes were locked on the wolf. He knew know she was an illusion, but she looked so real.

 “Yo—Sammy!” Dean snapped his fingers and stared suspiciously at his brother. He suspected him, but he prayed it wasn’t true. He thought of who God was at the moment and realized he shouldn’t be praying to him. “Pack your crap and let’s go!”

He snapped out of it momentarily. “Yea…I’ll just go get my stuff.” He turned on his heel, and left the room.

Bobby and Dean exchanged knowing glances. Neither said a word.

Sam and Dean had Jesse Turner…that was the plan and they succeeded.

They needed to find Castiel.

What they hadn’t expected though, was Castiel’s body beginning to look mutated and mangled. Jesse Turner’s eyes go white and with a wave of his hand an imprinted blood symbol of purgatory appears.

The souls light up the room as they are blindly tossed back into the pit.

Castiel is laying on the ground, his body still and motionless.

“Maybe angels don’t’ need to breathe.” Dean said hopefully, looking to Bobby. Bobby’s face is grim, knowing Cas was deader than a doornail.

Castiel begins gagging and choking. With a heavy lift of their arms and legs, Sam and Dean hoist Cas and his bloodied trench coat back onto his feet.

Inside a lab…Castiel dies.

The Leviathans’ take over, tossing Sam and Dean into the walls like rags. Bobby lands onto an examination table.

Jesse Turner's eyes widen in fright. He could feel their power, their strength. There was a possibility they were stronger than him. Jesse's own fear enveloped him, he didn't want to die...not today. He had been the most powerful thing out there...or so he had thought.

Scared and without truly even thinking about it, him and Brutus vanish to somewhere safe.

Carver Edlund’s finger’s pause across the keyboard, a grim set expression on his face. Did these guys ever catch a break? He could change it, you know. His fingers went to hit the backspace button, but he knew he couldn’t do it. It was the way it was meant to be.

His publisher’s felt the same way. They said if he couldn’t create a satisfying ending for the readers then they would quit publishing. That was back when Dean went to hell. So Carver Edlunds, pen name “chuck” kept writing on his own without getting paid, and he continued…hoping there was a sun behind the raincloud. Nope. He couldn’t find one.

His dreams were his inspirations…he wouldn’t have a story without them. So to be honest, his dreams were hell.

He already knew what would happen next…but he hadn’t typed it out yet. The leviathans get into the water system, and then begin polluting the whole area…including the hospital. Eventually things get so bad that they can’t even stay at Bobby’s place…they have to go into hiding for awhile.

He sighed…he hoped he had some inspiring dreams tonight, not the kind that made you afraid to even fall asleep.