Issue #3: Road Trip...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

I had to learn how to control my temper over the next year. So I took up archery as my personal therapy. If my temper was pushed too far my eyes would begin to glow, no thanks to the daemon wolf.

I was packed for my next hunting trip; I decided to let Isis, my dog, stay with Breanna. I wanted someone other than my parents to watch her the next couple days. I loved my parents of course, but I told them I was staying with her the next couple days, so me and Isis went to her place. They had no idea about my last summer, I hid my scar from them, better than I did Breanna.

I planned only being gone a couple of days. But Breanna wanted to come as well. I was making a trip to Northern Michigan.

 “Come on, please!?” She begged, her body jumping up and down, as if she might pee herself. The thought of it amused me and I smiled, throwing the last of my luggage into the car.

“We’re sisters! You can’t just leave me!” She made her pout face. We weren’t related, but we had been best friends since we were little.

“Why do you want to go so bad?” I demanded.

She stared at her feet shamefully. “Well, it’s just…I thought maybe I could help.”

I shook my head, “Listen you’re my best friend but I’m leaving you. You’d just be mad at me when the only thing you could do is to help me dig up a grave or something.”

I didn’t lie earlier, I hunted on my past time; but not Bambi—the average kind of hunting. During spring break I tracked a woman in white in Angola. Her husband had cheated on her, and she got into a car wreck right after she witnessed her husband and his mistress. A couple days later the husband wrecked his car and died instantly. His mistress I ended up saving, not out of the kindness of my heart though believe me. I was mad, apparently she didn’t realize she was with a married man. So I salted and burned the woman’s body before it had even been buried. I felt bad for the woman, if her husband hadn’t cheated on her none of this would have happened. Sure they may have split up later but perhaps in a less dramatic way.

I sighed at Breanna’s disappointment. This was not a girl cut out for hunting. I wished some of my guy friends believed in ghosts. They would have made excellent hunting partners, or at least good for grave digging. Breanna probably couldn't even lift a shovel.

“Listen, I’ll call you tonight and let you know what’s going on. Maybe you can help me figure it out.”

She frowned, “Fine, but you better call Hope.”

“Promise,” I said and threw the last of my bags in my  car. I loved it, it was not anything compared to Dean’s impala but still mine.