Issue #44: Angel...a Supernatural TLN Sequel.

An angel stood over the grave of his loved one. His shadow wings danced off the statues. The words Roslyn Dotts were engraved on the stone. He leaned down, placing the rose on top of the memorial. God how he had missed her already.

He had the knife, he went to heaven, but she was nowhere to be found. He knew he’d find her eventually, but his worse fear, what if her spirit had wandered instead of seeing the light? Daniel would never see Roslyn again if that was the case.

“Hey, that’s the nerdy guy that we saw in the woods.” Breanna exclaimed. It was true. His girlfriend had been the one who’d been attacked by the hellhound. So was he an angel?

I nodded, “If Balthazar put us here and there’s no other people around, he must be the angel we need the knife from.”

“That guys an angel—he cleans up nice.” Breanna stated. We leaned up against a statue, Balthazar had dumped us and ditched us, which didn’t surprise me. He probably didn’t want the angel to see him.

The guy took a step away and we realized it was now or never.

I stalked through the grass, “Hey wait,”

The guy turned and stared at me with saddened eyes, “What do you want from me?”

I stared at him stricken, “You say that as if you know me,”

That sadness quickly turned to hate. “I know you’re an Interloper, and I know that the love of my life had teeth marks wedged into her spine. Suddenly he grabbed me, and the back of my head thudded against a statue. I was dazed from the incident and I tried to gain back my concentration long enough to respond.

“Wait!!” Breanna cried, “Hope didn’t kill anybody! It was the hellhound that did it all.”

The angel let go and I slid down.

“What hellhound?”

“The one that was after your friend.”

“Why would any hellhound go after Roslyn?”

I began rubbing the back of my head, “Are you seriously that naïve? How many years had you been going out? Around ten, how many years since she’s lost all that weight, ten. She did it all for you, she wanted to be her best.”

Daniel turned to Breanna, apparently he was unable to trust Interlopers, however he had a habit to trust humans.

She nodded, and immediately I saw the regret in his eyes.

“I know what I need to do.” He took out a knife, with blue and silver markings trailing up the hilt. There was no other knife like that in the world.

My heart skipped a beat, he was going to use it. “Wait! Please don’t go yet. We need to talk this out.”

“I have nothing to say to you Interloper!”

“Well stay dammit! I can’t just let you leave. I need you to help me. It’s for love, you outta know what it’s like to have the one you love ripped away from you in an instant.”

He stopped and turned, and immediately I saw the pain in his eyes.