Issue #18: Innocence...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

I wanted to talk to someone about my experience. My death, my nightmares, my time with the Winchesters. Really I wished Balthazar would come back. I needed to speak to him. After all it had been a year and I felt some obligation to know what the hell was going on. But the only time I had seen him after I came back was after I bled out in my car.

I remembered him looking at me with a small smirk on his face when he had told me my miracle was not dying. After a year that’s the best he could give!? Not hello, not hey, do you want me to say hi to Sam and Dean for you? Nope, just pops in when I’m too exhausted to yell at him. The arrogant jerk face! He could have at least healed me so I didn’t have yet another scar on my body. I was getting so many I began to lose count. Who was I kidding--I had already lost count.

The only one who knew now was Breanna.

The wind drafted in through the car. My hair whipping behind me as I held down the pedal. I loved sunny beautiful days like this. Breanna sat in the car, we decided to meet up sooner in the day.

 A song played that I loved….

Somewhere there’s a stolen halo

 I used to watch her wear it well

 Everything would shine

 Wherever she would go

 But lookin’ at her now

 you’d never tell

Someone ran away with her innocence

 A memory she cant get out of her head

 And I can only imagine what she’s feeling….

 Kneeling at the edge of her bed.

I hated to admit it, but I had compared myself to the song. I wasn't innocent before last summer, but blood had been free of my hands. Within one year I had killed two individuals, and I had participated in getting rid of a spirit. One year my hands were clean, the next I had blood on my hands. 

I wasn't proud of it by any means, but it reminded me of my reality. How I was different, how I couldn't let my guard down..

We decided to head to the mall for some girl bonding. Shopping wasn't my favorite thing, but I still liked to go. Breanna sat there in the car, looking at me with a curiousity.

 “You know, I’ve noticed.”

 My eyes glanced off the road and met her olive eyes, “Noticed what?”

 “You’ve changed over the last year, you’ve seemed more outgoing at certain things.”

 My eyes fell back to the road, “Yea, I guess I have.”

  “Like remember the time when those two dumb guys were fighting. I never seen someone jump in between like that. You looked like you were gonna kick both their asses. I would have paid to see it.” She smiled. I guess she would have, these guys were two big football players that lifted weights every night. Then there was my short little five foot four self.

  “I guess the wolf in you did that?” She asked curiously.

Remembering that day I answered, “Not exactly, it was a half day and they were in front of my locker. I wanted to get my crap and leave, but it was the wolf that urged me to get in-between and tell them to knock it off.”

By now we had made it to the mall. I shut my door behind me as I got out feeling the sun beam down on my skin. Today was a good day to be outside. Maybe I would go for a run when I got back.

“So that’s it then, you have partial control over what she does but not complete?” She looked concerned as if I had some crazed beast inside me that might go beserk at the drop of a hat.

“You have to remember that she’s part of my soul, she’s not just a completely disconnected being inside me. We tend to think alike, we even sound alike, but  sometimes our actions are different, that's the only thing that really separates our minds. We just push each other to make the right or wrong decision.”

 “So she is your conscious?”

“Basically,” I shrugged, “I don’t know a better way to put it.” This wolf inside me, she was my influence. I didn't tell Breanna I had given her the name Fangs, that would seem to separate us more.